Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final 53
I doubt Rashod Hill gets cut.  Only game experienced Tackle after Reiff and O'Neill.  Udoh, Dozier and Collins have potential, but that isn't enough to back up that critical spot.
I think Dozier has tackle/guard experience with the reserves, so he bumps Jones. 

Has Epps really shown that much? 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I don't think Minnesota is going to give Udoh a roster spot, he'll be on the practice squad. 
I think the Vikes will remember another small school developing rookie o-lineman they tried to stash on the practice squad: Colby Gossett.  I think Udoh has stood out during preseason (albeit against 2nd and 3rd teamers) and given his small school background, he has a lot of upside with coaching.  I think other teams realize that.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I doubt Rashod Hill gets cut.  Only game experienced Tackle after Reiff and O'Neill.  Udoh, Dozier and Collins have potential, but that isn't enough to back up that critical spot.
I think Dozier has tackle/guard experience with the reserves, so he bumps Jones. 
you guys might be right on Hill, especially since Oneill may have a elbow injury

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I don't think Minnesota is going to give Udoh a roster spot, he'll be on the practice squad. 
I think the Vikes will remember another small school developing rookie o-lineman they tried to stash on the practice squad: Colby Gossett.  I think Udoh has stood out during preseason (albeit against 2nd and 3rd teamers) and given his small school background, he has a lot of upside with coaching.  I think other teams realize that.
So Gossett is not starting anymore, he's the backup RG on their latest depth chart in Arizona. I like Udoh a bunch, but he's super raw, more raw than Gossett was coming out. We need slow our roll on some of these players. BUT....if Udoh does make the final roster, that is huge. I mean, really huge.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
Offense (25)

QB (3): Cousins, Mannion, Sloter

RB (3): Cook, Mattison, Boone

FB (1): Blasingame 

WR (5): Diggs, Theilen, O.Johnson, Beebe, Zylstra  

TE (3): Rudolph, I.Smith, Conklin (Morgan to PUP)

T- (5): Reiff, O'Neil, Dozier, Hill, Udoh. (Collins to IR -- most important ability is availability)

G/C(5) : Bradbury, Elflein, Kline, Jones, Samia (Dozier can swing here also)

Defense (25)

DE (4): Hunter, Griffen, Weatherly, Odenigbo

DT (5): Joseph, Stephen, Holmes, Watts, Mata’afa. (Holmes ability to play DE allows Vikes to keep only 9 DL).

LB (6):  Barr, Kendricks, Gedeon, Downs, Wilson, Smith (I believe Brothers will be traded.)

S (5): H. Smith, Harris, Kearse, D. Smith, Epps

CB (5): Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, Hughes, Thomas (Thomas will be cut when the Vikes pick up a veteran after the cut down day)

ST (3)

LS Cutting; P Vedvick; K Bailey 

Nice list, but I think CJ Ham stays.  Blasingame has a real shot to be on the PS, if there's no room on the roster. De'Angelo Henderson (#32) is another guy that's looked pretty good in his limited carries.  The dude runs hard, and I think he might make the PS too.

Every single 53 man roster projections I've seen from the Viking's beat writers does NOT include Udoh. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/_/id/28695/vikings-53-man-roster-projection-puts-10-on-offensive-and-defensive-lines

Courtney’s take
That's an interesting take...  4 RBs and 4 TEs (not including David Morgan) in her final 53.  That seems like major overkill.  I'd rather keep Sloter as QB3 than an extra RB or 4th TE.  I also think we would be better off having 10 OL if we are going to load up along our lines...  (Cronin had 10 OL in her headline, but there are only 9 in her projection).