Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Better than expected on the line"
[Image: Minnesota%20Vikings_0.png]
Speaking Thursday, Vikings offensive advisor Gary Kubiak said second-round TE Irv Smith has been impressing with his blocking.Per Kubiak, the team was expecting explosive athleticism, but Smith has been "better than expected on the line." That would certainly be one way for Smith to force his way onto the field in two-tight end sets, or to even steal snaps from Kyle Rudolph. There are probably too many obstacles in front of Smith for him to have rookie re-draft value, but he is a compelling dynasty league hold.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

The play was  nullified by penalty, that drag route that he turned up field? Wheels on that kid...whoosh!

#Vikings rookie TE Irv Smith Jr. on blocking: "I’ve been working very hard on that and Coach Pariani, Coach Stefanski and Coach Gary Kubiak, they’ve been on me. So I’ve been just trying to do whatever I can to help this team. Block well and be just a tough player.’’

Glad to read some good news on him. Tough transition to the pro's, even from Bama. Kid looked pretty lost @ times vs Saints, but now's the time to be learning.