Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST NEWS out of Camp - O-Line MUCH improved
Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
Not sure what it means for today's practice, but RG Dru Samia and RT Storm Norton took first-team walkthrough reps. 

Samia has been playing with the 3s throughout camp but Mike Zimmer said Wednesday he wants to get him work against good competition.
— Sam Ekstrom (@SamEkstrom) August 1, 2019
If I had to guess: he's seeing if they are really worth keeping around.  Just because they can hold their own against 3's... that doesn't mean anything.  Put 'em up against starters... and see if there's a chance that they could develop into competent starters / reserves.  If they can't hold their own- then there's no sense keeping them.  Maybe getting ready to dump them... and sign some other players?
Samia isn't one of those players. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
Not sure what it means for today's practice, but RG Dru Samia and RT Storm Norton took first-team walkthrough reps. 

Samia has been playing with the 3s throughout camp but Mike Zimmer said Wednesday he wants to get him work against good competition.
— Sam Ekstrom (@SamEkstrom) August 1, 2019
If I had to guess: he's seeing if they are really worth keeping around.  Just because they can hold their own against 3's... that doesn't mean anything.  Put 'em up against starters... and see if there's a chance that they could develop into competent starters / reserves.  If they can't hold their own- then there's no sense keeping them.  Maybe getting ready to dump them... and sign some other players?
Samia isn't one of those players. 
You're right.  I read his name... but my brain said, "Isadora".  HE'S the one that I was thinking of as being "on the bubble". 

Everything I've heard on Samia is the dude is a nasty mauler....
the kinda guy an O line needs

I sure as hell hope so. Maybe just maybe they are getting to the point where they are able to play more to the players strengths and become more cohesive. 

Linval Joseph and Shamar Stephen haven't played a snap yet in camp, those are both starters. Not trying to be Debbie Downer but I'm not biting on this 'improvement' quite yet. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Linval Joseph and Shamar Stephen haven't played a snap yet in camp, those are both starters. Not trying to be Debbie Downer but I'm not biting on this 'improvement' quite yet. 
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/stat...08096?s=19