Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Depth Chart
http://m.vikings.com/s/30836/378?itemUri...1777347139

Not much to read into. Cook only rookie getting any love. Adams and Coley at the bottom. DL cuts will be most interesting to watch. Maybe 10 guys worthy of a roster spot.  Maybe more if Bower or Odenigbo step up.  Another team will be getting a nice player from our cuts. 

if people are looking at who we might keep based on depth chart rankings,  they would be wrong.  for example.   When Hill went out on saturday they didnt roll Collings into the LT spot,  they kicked Sirles out to the LT,  moved Clemmings to LG, and then put Isidora into the RG position IIRC.  ( i was kind of out of it for the most part as we had to get there about 2 hours or so early and by the time the scrimmage actually started I was getting a little tired of being there.)

So as of Saturday night,  if I had to pick out OL for the season it would be Reiff, Boone, Easton, Berger (he will be challenged as a starter) Remmers,Hill, Sirles, Clemmings, Elflein, and Isidora... IMO.

Thought Jaleel Johnson was a 3 tech? 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I think he is kind of a tweener at this point, they arent really sure where he is going to fit into the final picture.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
if people are looking at who we might keep based on depth chart rankings,  they would be wrong.  for example.   When Hill went out on saturday they didnt roll Collings into the LT spot,  they kicked Sirles out to the LT,  moved Clemmings to LG, and then put Isidora into the RG position IIRC.  ( i was kind of out of it for the most part as we had to get there about 2 hours or so early and by the time the scrimmage actually started I was getting a little tired of being there.)

So as of Saturday night,  if I had to pick out OL for the season it would be Reiff, Boone, Easton, Berger (he will be challenged as a starter) Remmers,Hill, Sirles, Clemmings, Elflein, and Isidora... IMO.

I agree with your OL with Clemmings first one out( maybe Sirles) if they only keep 9. 

DL will be interesting.  Good players not to make the 53. How many do they keep?

Quote: @"BrickVike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I agree with your OL with Clemmings first one out( maybe Sirles) if they only keep 9. 

DL will be interesting.  Good players not to make the 53. How many do they keep?
They can line up Sirles at any spot besides C.  I think his job is safe.  I still think he might be the best G on the roster if he got the snaps to show what he can do.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
That might his ideal position, and his long term one, but I think the team, knowing he probably has to make the final 53 due to his draft position, is putting him in direct competition with Stephen. I think if Johnson loses that competition he'll suffer the proverbial "mysterious" injury. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
That might his ideal position, and his long term one, but I think the team, knowing he probably has to make the final 53 due to his draft position, is putting him in direct competition with Stephen. I think if Johnson loses that competition he'll suffer the proverbial "mysterious" injury. 
Good point...going to be interesting to see who might end up on the IR for the season.