Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-watching Deadwood
Forgot how good it was...a treat... 

I started binge watching Downton Abbey.  Yeah I know, not very footbally macho of me, lol.   Upstairs downstairs, baby!

Did all 3 seasons of Deadwood over Christmas break this year. I was so disappointed in it not being renewed. 
Deadwood the movie is tonight. Thanks for reminding me. 8pm Eastern. Maybe finally get the closure the series didn't give us.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Did all 3 seasons of Deadwood over Christmas break this year. I was so disappointed in it not being renewed. 
Deadwood the movie is tonight. Thanks for reminding me. 8pm Eastern. Maybe finally get the closure the series didn't give us.
what  station is  it on

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@suncoastvike said:
what  station is  it on
HBO
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm waiting myself till they start streaming it. Thought I could get it tonight.
Been looking Cinema HD has it as a paided download. Might not get to see it for few days.

thought it was great. though it kind of just ended. i felt like they just came up with a crappy ending vs actually giving it what it deserved. 

Watched Deadwood the Movie today. I liked it. It didn't bring the closure to the series I hoped for. Kinda left some doors open. Deadwood Movie II ??? They may have chose to leave them open since it's strayed so far from many historical facts.
Definitely worth watching if you're a fan.

Ps: one historical fact... Bullock was a genuine bad@ss! Not only for his bravery as a deputy marshal but also as a Rough Rider for Teddy Roosevelt in the Spanish-American war. Him and Roosevelt remained friends throughout their lives. Can you be called an American hero if you're born in Canada?

One of my favorite shows of all time - Casting did an amazing job picking the right actors for the right part, then the Acting was superb, and writing was excellent. I was pissed they did not renew - needed closure on so many characters and plots (even though I knew the overall end game for the historical characters as well as the history of Dead Wood itself) . So happy they finally made the movie before all the actors were dead or too old to play their parts.

Deadwood remains one of my favorites all time. Even the way they ended it. It deserved more. This movie did give it some closure.
Here's a funny little skit.

Warning if you find Deadwood laugage offensive. Do not play.
You've been warned. C%CK S#CKERS.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Deadwood remains one of my favorites all time. Even the way they ended it. It deserved more. This movie did give it some closure.
Here's a funny little skit.

Warning if you find Deadwood laugage offensive. Do not play.
You've been warned. C%CK S#CKERS.

Hilarious.