Final Mock Draft

TRADES:

HOUSTON TEXANS

SENT: ROUND: 1 PICK: 18

RECEIVED: ROUND: 1 PICK: 23 & ROUND: 3 PICK: 22

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

SENT: ROUND: 3 PICK:18

RECEIVED ROUND: 3 PICK 26 & ROUND: 5 PICK 26

23: R1P23 DL JEFFERY SIMMONS MISSISSIPPI STToo good to pass on.  He will miss most of the season and could be ready sometime in December.

50: R2P18 OT KALEB MCGARY WASHINGTONPure right tackle and nasty.

89: R3P22 G DRU SAMIA OKLAHOMAAnother dude that plays nasty.

86: R3P26 DE JOE JACKSON MIAMILots of upside and with Griffen likely gone after this season (under his current deal he is) they need MOAR ends.

120: R4P18 TE KAHALE WARRING SAN DIEGO STIntriguing player with limited experience but lots of traits.

135: R4P33 S WILL HARRIS BOSTON COLLEGEHard hitting safety that needs some coaching.  But it is better to teach a player "whoa" rather than "go".

190: R6P17 CB IMAN LEWIS-MARSHALL USCCould be a safety when it is all said and done.  He did some work at safety at his pro day.

209: R6P36 WR DIONTAE JOHNSON TOLEDOA WR with excelllent return abilities which is needed now that Sherels has turned heel and went to the Saints.

247: R7P33 RB ALEXANDER MATTISON BOISE STATEBig bruiser compared by some to Chris Carson.

250: R7P36 LB CODY BARTON UTAHWhen I watched Utah this year I was checking on Chase Hansen but this #30 kept making plays.

UDFA

LB TY SUMMERS TCU

LB COLE HOLCOMB NORTH CAROLINA

RB LJ SCOTT MICHIGAN ST

PK COLE TRACY LSU

DE JAMELL GARCIA-WILLIAMS UAB

P MITCH WISNOWSKY UTAH

OG WES MARTIN INDIANA

CB DERREK THOMAS BAYLOR

RB DARWIN THOMPSON UTAH ST

WR JESPER HORSTED PRINCETON

OT DONNELL GREENE MINNESOTA

QB JACOB DOLEGALA CENTRAL CONNECTICUT ST

DT P.J. JOHNSON ARIZONA

S ROBBIE GRIMSLEY NORTH DAKOTA ST

CB STEPHEN DENMARK VALDOSTA ST

Don't know if any of these players will get drafted by the Vikings but I like them.

Samia is my not so secret crush. Great mock! Should mention McGary is my other secret crush.

I like it! Only problem I see is that I'm pretty sure Cody Barton goes a lot higher than that. Jefferey Simmons is an exciting pick (top 5 talent) and one of the few non-OL players I would be OK with in the 1st. 

I love getting Green as an UDFA, I think he has the ability to play in the NFL.  I think that this is the year Speilman goes hard after top 125 picks vs higher picks.  We don't have depth issues, we have some areas we have to improve with starters (like the line and DT).