Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings interested in Hageman

Its not like the guy was good even when he played. But this is the kind of 'meh' guys the Vikings are forced to look at because of their cap situation.

Camp body with Minnesota connections. Nothing more then that I believe. 

Big, long, crazy athletic DT/DE that was compared to JJ Watt coming out. Considered a boom or bust 1st round talent due to character concerns. Went 37th overall. Those same character issues are why he's now out of the NFL. Flyer worth taking just to see if he truly is a "changed man" or if he's just looking for another paycheck. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Big, long, crazy athletic DT/DE that was compared to JJ Watt coming out. Considered a boom or bust 1st round talent due to character concerns. Went 37th overall. Those same character issues are why he's now out of the NFL. Flyer worth taking just to see if he truly is a "changed man" or if he's just looking for another paycheck. 
^^^

So far as big a bust as you can get, but no harm kicking the tires...

[Image: original_bloodsport8.jpg]
I remember Larry Hagman as a coach in a cheesy made-for-TV drama, "Bloodsport" with Gary Busey and Ben Johnson.  I wonder if he's related... Wink

Quote: @Ralphie said:
I remember Larry Hagman as a coach in a cheesy made-for-TV drama, "Bloodsport" with Gary Busey and Ben Johnson.  I wonder if he's related... Wink
Then Bobby shot him...

Quote: @wiviking said:
@Ralphie said:
Then Bobby shot him...
After he dreamed of genies

When I saw Hageman on Hard Knocks, I recorded it... to show my players what a bum looks like.  If his character concerns were about other things, I would be willing to concede that he could change.  But when you're lazy... and refuse to respect the game... I don't see much chance of change.

Quote: @pumpf said:
When I saw Hageman on Hard Knocks, I recorded it... to show my players what a bum looks like.  If his character concerns were about other things, I would be willing to concede that he could change.  But when you're lazy... and refuse to respect the game... I don't see much chance of change.
and if you are lazy and sit out 2 years... meh.