Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets sign Trevor Siemian
Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
The fact still remains that the Vikings wanted him back.  Even though the majority of fans think he was bad, this current regime wanted him.
That should scare most people.
And so did another team. One that seems to have hit on Darnold and that all pro Safety they drafted a few years ago. One that didn't break the bank for Bell.

There simply aren't 32 capable backups in the League. A guy who's actually won games looked bad during his first preseason with a new team, teammates, coaches and system and suddenly he can't play and the GMs who actually watched him winning real games are suddenly idiots.

Time for slotter to put his big boy pants on. 

If Slotter sees the field this season he will never see the bench again. You heard it hear! HA!

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@MarkSP18 said:
The fact still remains that the Vikings wanted him back.  Even though the majority of fans think he was bad, this current regime wanted him.
That should scare most people.
And so did another team. One that seems to have hit on Darnold and that all pro Safety they drafted a few years ago. One that didn't break the bank for Bell.

There simply aren't 32 capable backups in the League. A guy who's actually won games looked bad during his first preseason with a new team, teammates, coaches and system and suddenly he can't play and the GMs who actually watched him winning real games are suddenly idiots.
You seem to defend every decision the team makes and make a habit of wanting to correct people.  As if you are right.
For the record, I did not say he was bad.  I just made the comment because people were happy he is gone.
Probably not you but who knows.
The Vikings also wanted to keep Kalil and by most reporting wanted to extend Kalil before they got Reiff.
Was that OK to call scary?  Do you approve?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Not sure this is such a great thing. If the Vikings wanted him there was a reason for it. I don't know anything about Sean Mannion, but I'm not sure he's someone to get excited about. Worse, if #2 is a battle between Mannion and Sloter, who the Vikings obviously think isn't ready, then we probably have to move QB up in the draft where we should be filling other needs. 
If KC were to go out for more than a game the season is likely toast anyway,  I dont get the need for a poor veteran backup if all they are likely to do is lose anyway.  if there is a player in the system for 2 years...give em a shot.

if the Vikings dont think Sloter is ready to hold a clipboard after 2 years .... they damn well better be moving  for a QB in case Capn Kirk doesnt pan out... or he gets super greedy with his next contract demand.  either way if Zim and Steph dont have enough confidence in Sloter to say he is #2,  then we better put QB as #2 on our draft board for need IMO.