Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Deja Vu: going to see the Gophers in the NCAA's in Des Moines
Same as 2017.  That time it was Milwaukee, I got my tickets months in advance having no idea who I'd get to see, and the Gophers got Milwaukee... and promptly stunk out the joint :p 

Fast forward to Nov 2018, order my ticket for Des Moines, wait 4 months, and boom! Hopefully better luck this time B)  

File under "Oh, no, not you again!":  Although they're in different regions and won't be playing, the LAST team the Michigan Wolverines needed to see come to Des Moines is Michigan State :o :p 

How to annoy the locals: in 2017, the Gophers got to play in Milwaukee while the Wisconsin Badgers were sent to Buffalo (where they knocked off #1 seed Villanova to make the Sweet 16).  2019: Gophers, Spartans and Wolverines in Des Moines while the Hawkeyes are sent to Columbus, Ohio to play Cincinnati and Iowa State goes to Tulsa... to play Columbus' own OSU Buckeyes.

Added bonus: I also get to see the Florida Gators. (I lived in Jacksonville from 2000-2010).

Des Moines bracket:  
East region: 10 Minnesota vs. 7 Louisville, 15 Bradley vs. 2 Michigan St.

West region: 10 Florida vs. 7 Nevada (Reno, not UNLV) Nevada was also in Milwaukee in 2017.  Deja vu all over again. 15 Montana vs 2 Michigan

Miscellaneous bracket thoughts: 
1.  How the (bleep) did Oklahoma earn a 9 seed?
2.  Sooo… Villanova wins the Big East regular season and tournament titles and gets a 6 seed, Marquette finishes second and loses in the semis and gets a 5?