Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray A Bit Of A Nudge

KYLER MURRAYQB, COLLEGE PLAYER
NFL.com's Kimberly Jones reports "nearly every talent evaluator" she spoke to at the Combine expects Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray to go No. 1 overall to the Cardinals.Jones essentially could not find anyone at the Combine to dispute the notion. The report comes the same day that Jones' NFL Network colleague Charley Casserly claimed Murray bombed the Combine, supposedly making a poor impression as a studier and leader while greatly disappointing in his "board work." Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury does not seem too worried about Casserly's assessment.
RELATED: Arizona Cardinals

I'm guessing he has only one testicle too...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-available
"Well, he better hope Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good," Casserly said. "This was the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback, and I've been doing this a long time. I've probably been doing it longer than you're alive.
"Anyway, leadership -- not good. Study habits -- not good. The board work -- below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas and raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do. Now, people say, we're going to compare him to [Patrick] Mahomes, we're going to run an offense like Mahomes, we're going to run an offense like Baker Mayfield. Well, you can't. ... Those guys are much different. Those guys, you never question about their ability on the board, you never question about their leadership ability, their work habits, they were outstanding in those areas. This guy is not outstanding in those areas. It showed up in the interview."

This guy was exciting to watch for one season in college, but I don't know if he has what it takes to be successful in the NFL.  These are some pretty big red flags and he came across poorly in the Dan Patrick interview as well.  If I was a team looking for a QB in this draft, it would be Haskins.  Listen to that guy talk about football...  he gets it.  I don't think Murray does.

And Pete Schrager is on NFL Network right now saying the exact opposite...

As is uncle Gil

KYLER MURRAYQB, COLLEGE PLAYER[Image: 13950.jpg]
Posting on social media Thursday, NFL.com's Gil Brandt tweeted that Charley Casserly's Kyler Murray report "sounds fabricated."In case you missed it, citing anonymous sources, Casserly — infamously dubbed the most wrong man in football by Bill Belichick — slammed Murray's leadership, study habits and "white board" work following the Combine. Brandt refutes nearly all of it. Per Brandt, only one team had Murray work a white board. Brandt also said he has known Murray since he was a high school sophomore, and that any leadership and work ethic concerns would be news to him. It's just more evidence that Casserly's absurd report was a weak hit job on Murray in service of a team that wants him to fall in the draft. All indications continue to be that that will not happen.
SOURCE: Gil Brandt on Twitter

If this was a bit job to get Murray to drop to benefit a team (Hello Washington) then he should be fired immediately.