Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Road repair...
Are we ever going to identify snow plows as the leading cause of ripped up, mutilated roads in our State? I keep seeing more and more road condition complaints around social media that I can barely stand it anymore... it's not hard to figure out what "causes" the road to look like a bomb went off on it...

What i'm the most tired of is the complete lack of attention over it and how satisfied our State leaders are in hiding behind alluded natural causes that we can't keep up with.  I tell my friends the plows destroyed the roads and they look at me like, "nah, the ground shifts dawg."

I get that we need plows and public safety... i'm not even exactly sure what I'm complaining about... it's just we're not even at a point on this were we acknowledge this to be true (like the salty car argument - "well, buying a new car is better than crashing"). We sit here every Spring like, "Oh. My. God. They never fix these roads."

... there are like 10 here in Duluth that are both new and destroyed right now, and I'd be willing to bet 4 plow passes by a 2 ton truck going 35mph down the road trying to take care of .75" inches every other day does it...

Enjoy the tax cuts and be happy.

Duluth Sales tax was voted on and increased to 8.75%... to fix the roads.

The city will make more money using those funds to hire more snow plow drivers while we beg to put out 11% to solve the crisis...