Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The $94 Million Question: Can Washington Replace Alex Smith in Free Agency?
It's deja vu all over again for the Washington Redskins—in the worst way imaginable.
For what seems like the umpteenth year in a row, the Redskins enter the offseason awash with questions at football's most important position. But whereas in recent years those questions centered on the contract status of quarterback Kirk Cousins, this year it's much, much worse.
Now the Redskins have a high-priced quarterback under contract who probably won't be of any use to them in 2019—and no easy path toward finding an alternative.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported over the weekend that the Redskins are operating under the assumption that quarterback Alex Smith, who suffered a horrific leg injury in November against the Houston Texans, will miss the entire 2019 campaign.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818...ce=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

If I didn't really think Snyder was a total asswipe I might feel bad for the team. I feel bad for Alex. That guy literally never catches a break. #1 over all is alot to live up too. Hope he recovers and plays again.

Maybe they will trade for Cousins?

They should try to sign Teddy.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Thats a very good take! 

Edit - wonder if RS, KS and MZ would want him back if released? 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MarkSP18 said:
Thats a very good take! 

Edit - wonder if RS, KS and MZ would want him back if released? 
Teddy's a free agent. He'll likely go where he'll have a chance to compete for the starting job. 

Flacco wouldn't have to change his residence...