Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Foles and Carson Wentz
Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Not going to be popular but I would rather have Foles.
It surprises me that the poll is only 7-6 in favor of Wentz - especially since we are in a region with people who were fans of Wentz in college. Most sportswriters/casters act like it's obvious and laughable if a person doesn't recognize that Wentz is vastly superior. But the media loves to anoint the new and young.
I think a QB who proves he can win playoff games is a lot harder to find than almost anything in football.

So if foles is a system guy--wasn't wentz in the same system.  Foles looked the part of a winner the last two yrs. He may well have hoisted another lombardi if not for some dropsies in the final 3 games of the season.

It would be hilarious if they franchise him and get stuck with a 23 mill+ backup if wentz can stay healthy for the season

Foles is a lot better than people give him credit for. The only poor year of his career came under Jeff Fischer which is a pass in my mind. But he ultimately falls in the category of QB's that can do enough but aren't going to carry a team. Remember that Philadelphia offered him a very strong supporting cast. Wentz on the other hand has shown he can elevate play around him when fully healthy. The question is whether or not his injuries will catch up to him, there were medical red flags predraft as well. But you simply cannot give up on him yet for better or worse. 

I have a feeling some of this is gamesmanship from the Eagles since they don't want Foles to end up with the Giants. They don't want to see hum running an offense with Beckham Jr, Shepherd, and Barkley. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Not going to be popular but I would rather have Foles.
It surprises me that the poll is only 7-6 in favor of Wentz - especially since we are in a region with people who were fans of Wentz in college. Most sportswriters/casters act like it's obvious and laughable if a person doesn't recognize that Wentz is vastly superior. But the media loves to anoint the new and young.
I think a QB who proves he can win playoff games is a lot harder to find than almost anything in football.
I am not surprised by that actually. I think there could be some concerns depending on how he comes back from the back issues. If he stays healthy, go all in on Wentz. But I think that they might put some feelers out to see what sort of a deal could be made.