Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Vikings hiring a new OL coach?
Haven't really heard much from the Vikings about who their offensive line coach is going to be. 

The buzz about Kubiak was that he would only sign where he could bring his long-time assistants with him. And so when the Vikings hired Kubiak, they also hired his son Klint as QB coach and Brian Pariani as TE coach. No mention, however, of Rick Dennison, his long time line coach. Dennison is currently on the staff with the Jets, so either this hire is still in the works or Kubiak decided that not getting Dennison wasn't a deal breaker. 

Clancy Barone and Andrew Janocko are currently still in place as the Vikings co-OL coaches. Considering they were given those roles after the unexpected death of Sparano, many of us assumed they were temporary. I know I did. One thing to consider, however, is that Barone was also "co-offensive line coach" for Kubiak in Denver. Makes me wonder if he might be staying. 

Dunno. The one spot that was open still seems open while spots we didn't know existed have been filled.
Guess Barone could be the guy, but I really hope we find the right guy for that critical spot.

I don't know either, but I have a hunch the Vikings are probably weighing their options.

What would it take to get Dennison from the Jets? Is he under contract? Isn't there some sort of rule in the NFL that prevents lateral moves? His current title is "offensive line / run game coordinator."

Is Clancy Barone someone that Kubiak feels comfortable with considering he's already familiar with Kubiak's very particular kind of ZBS?

Are their ZBS coaches in college--thinking Iowa or Oklahoma--that might be good fits here?

Only thing I've heard is that they were going to interview Joe Philbin for the OL job.  Since Kubiak came on board I keep hearing Dennison but nothing concrete.

They should take a hard look at the guy the Colts just dumped, Dave DeGuglielmo.

patriots fired him after their loss to the Broncos a few years back

Sounds like they are hiring the broncos guy

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
Sounds like they are hiring the broncos guy
Hmmm...I see this article

https://thevikingage.com/2019/01/15/repo...sive-line/

But I don't think this is working off anything other than the original assumptions. 

Packers interested in Rick Dennison and Adam Stenavich for open offensive line coach jobGreen Bay has an interview lined up with one of these two men, while the connections are clear between Matt LaFleur and each of them.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/packe...-coach-job