Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Tashawn Bower UDFA
I've heard this guy has been turning some heads and flashing. Might get on the practice squad and then on the roster in 2018? Big upside. Classic 'better pro than college player' type potential.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/t...id=2558240

And this guy:
Andy Jerome Carlson‏Verified account @AndyCarlsonShow  4m4 minutes ago
More
If Stacy Coley stays healthy & interested in football, could see him becoming a dynamic ST and eventually offensive weapon. Big ifs tho.

The Vikings have a number of UDFA's that are intriguing players...  Dylan Bradley (strong, undersized DT), Tashawn Bower (long, raw DE), Eric Wilson (rangy OLB), and Horace Richardson (ballhawking CB).  I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these guys make the final 53 this year.  Wilson probably has the easiest path considering the unproven depth we have at LB and the fact that he was a special teams demon in college.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I've heard this guy has been turning some heads and flashing. Might get on the practice squad and then on the roster in 2018? Big upside. Classic 'better pro than college player' type potential.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/t...id=2558240
Very interesting guy...I see him as a potential PS guy...He's coming into a tough situation as DEs 1-4 are pretty much set...sounds like Patterson is pretty high on Weatherley...

Seems to be a pretty good class so far. Yeah, I know it's early, but the silence we heard about players like Treadwell, Alexander and Beavers last year at this time was deafening. I heard Gedeon is taking some reps on the 1st team at WLB. I've heard nothing but great things about Isadora. Cook looks to be among the steals of the draft. Elflein is getting 1st team reps at center and guard. Adams, Coley, Hodges. Every one of these guys could still be Kyries Hebert, but it's looking pretty good so far.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Seems to be a pretty good class so far. Yeah, I know it's early, but the silence we heard about players like Treadwell, Alexander and Beavers last year at this time was deafening. I heard Gedeon is taking some reps on the 1st team at WLB. I've heard nothing but great things about Isadora. Cook looks to be among the steals of the draft. Elflein is getting 1st team reps at center and guard. Adams, Coley, Hodges. Every one of these guys could still be Kyries Hebert, but it's looking pretty good so far.  
I think there is a little bit of difference between this year and last.  1st, Treadwell hadn't recovered from the injury.  Pretty sure that was common knowledge before the draft but seemed to be forgotten once camp started.  So it was frustrating watching him not contribute.

At CB, Zimmer likes to build the foundation before putting the players on the field.  He did that with Waynes and the results are looking good.  It may take time, but I won't argue with his success.  X is a stud.  Waynes is looking like a superb #2 CB.  And if Mac can take over the nickle, I think we are set. 

This year it is a RB, which as a rule, start quicker.  The special team type of WR contribute early. 

Gedeon and Isadora are pleasant surprises tho.  Elflein had that look when he was drafted, so he is keeping up with expectations IMO.