Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And there you have it folks..........................
And so ends another season of exciting Minnesota Viking's football.........................................

Spent top dollar to live in the city with a view of the stadium, to be around Viking football all year round, and now it's over. It's the end of December. There's 18" of snow on the ground, I have to go to work tomorrow, outside!  2018 shall be another memory just as bad as wide left, wide right, hail Mary and the rest.  What went wrong?

When did you admit to yourself the game/season was over? Me? Week 3. I knew the season was over in week 3 when Buffalo, the worst team in the league, came to town and rolled the Vikings like a drunk in an alley in Chicago. Never have I seen such energy for a game, especially with the SKOL chant before the game, and then the  Vikings play such uninspired, lackluster, don't care football. 

Zimmer needs to go. His plan has been figured out and he has no idea on how to fix it. There is no way Nagy comes in and on his first try, rolls the Vikings twice, especially in game 2 with so much at stake for the Vikings. Zygmunt Wilf gave Zimmer and company everything they wanted, including a quarterback with a guarantee, and the result was lose 5 more games than the previous year. I count the tie as a loss. Talk about throwing $ away. It would have been better to keep Case Keenan and put the Cousins in the offensive line. Zimmer had his time and it did not work. End of story. Ask Daniel Carlson.

The offensive is plain vanilla. There is no creative genius there. the only running game the vikings have is between the tackles, and with that line, good luck. Gut the offensive, and draft  O-lineman in April.

Defense? Zimmer needs to go. The defense was his baby and baby took a dump in it's diaper.  It's the same redundant defense that didn't work last year and did not work this year. Last year? Tell me again about the Philly game! By the way, Philly says thanks! From rushing four, and sometimes only three, to dropping 7, sometimes 8,  there was no pass rush and receivers were wide open. I hope Xavier Rhodes not playing will give him enough time to heal for the next game. Considering the next game will be in August/September He might be ready. The real players play hurt. See the 1980's for that report!

Another year comes and goes. I'm getting to old for next year. Maybe I will be just like one of those RED SOX fans who were to young to remember the World Series win of 1918, yet died before 2013. Or the Cleveland Indians of 1948 to the yet present date of 2018 with still no win in the lifetime.

Regardless, this team needs gutted from top to bottom for 2019.

Okay folks, lets have the rebuttal!

P.S. one last thing. The NFL is turning into a pussy league. The hit on Trubisky by Weatherly was stupid, but complete bullshit. Words cannot describe the utter contempt I have for the league after that.