Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So has Rogers tailed-off?
[Image: tdztfscwlemc.jpg]

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I wouldn't write off Rodgers at all. Their team is a complete shell of what it was. They have some good young talent that should help elevate their defense in the coming years. If they can get Rodgers some offensive weapons he'll rebound. 
Dude has 23 TDs and only 2 INTs.
His completion percentage is down this year but he can still sling it.
I would take him in a heart beat over any Vikings QB ever.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
Watch his body language.  I don't think GB Jesus is feelin' it any more.  Maybe it's his supporting cast.  Maybe he's not on the same wavelength as his coaches.  Maybe the slots at Oneida aren't paying out. 
But whatever the reason, the Puker faithful here see it and are wondering the same thing.
As much as the team is in turmoil, I'm seeing something from Rodgers that I also saw in McNabb over his last few playing years: a growing detachment from his previous intensity.  While I don't think he's "done" or declining so rapidly that he won't remain GB's most dangerous player, I do think that the loss of Jordy Nelson exposed how much his favorite receivers augmented his numbers.  For us, the good news is that Erin's hefty pay increase will be taking a large chunk out of Green Bay's ability to build around their oft-injured QB.

I think fans are reading into it too much: Rodgers has been injured all this year in one form or another. The team around him is not great. I think the odds are pretty good that the Packers and Rodgers rebound in 2019, but to what extent I don't know. Way too early to put dirt on his grave.