Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things change ... It’s the NFL way.
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@dadevike said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
Ill point out that New Orleans was a Miracle away from going to the NFC Championship game. They were excellent last year and are awesome this year, to my dismay. So they have held serve as a top NFC team from last year
Yep. They have Brees and had a monster draft. And Brees is willing to take less than he could make elsewhere in order to get better players so he can win another SB.  Who else does that? Tom Brady.  Most of the other top teams have young cheap QBs: Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Trubisky, Watson ...
In that sense, the Packers are pretty unique.  Who else has a superstar QB and a middle of the road team?  I do not put Stafford in the elite QB class. Andrew Luck is elite but is working his way back from a long injury absence. And they had to rebuild the Colts. Maybe Russell Wilson. But that also seems like an on-the-run rebuild. Wilson just won't let the Seahawks be as bad as they otherwise should be.
I will be curios to see what KC does in 2 years,  he will have already made huge bank,  so much so that his kids kids would never have to work,  but will he make it about himself and his payday,  or will he put the team first and sign a deal that puts him back at mid pack salary wise in order to give him better protection and weapons?

I think he will be a "tweener." He will want to max out, but with a good team, preferably the Vikings.  I do not think he will give any team a major discount like Brees or Brady. But I also don't think he would take $3M more per year to go to a shitty team.  I think he likes it in Minnesota - both the area and the team - and would like to build something here and be here long term. But he wanted a relatively short deal so he can hit FA again. You don't do that unless big contract numbers are very important to you.  The dollars are, and are going to continue to be, important to KC.

NO was also the benefactors to Case losing his horseshoe in the second half with his wild throws.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@dadevike said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
Ill point out that New Orleans was a Miracle away from going to the NFC Championship game. They were excellent last year and are awesome this year, to my dismay. So they have held serve as a top NFC team from last year
Yep. They have Brees and had a monster draft. And Brees is willing to take less than he could make elsewhere in order to get better players so he can win another SB.  Who else does that? Tom Brady.  Most of the other top teams have young cheap QBs: Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Trubisky, Watson ...
In that sense, the Packers are pretty unique.  Who else has a superstar QB and a middle of the road team?  I do not put Stafford in the elite QB class. Andrew Luck is elite but is working his way back from a long injury absence. And they had to rebuild the Colts. Maybe Russell Wilson. But that also seems like an on-the-run rebuild. Wilson just won't let the Seahawks be as bad as they otherwise should be.
I will be curios to see what KC does in 2 years,  he will have already made huge bank,  so much so that his kids kids would never have to work,  but will he make it about himself and his payday,  or will he put the team first and sign a deal that puts him back at mid pack salary wise in order to give him better protection and weapons?

Too many variables yet! If the Vikings don't win a Super Bowl during Cousins' current contract, I think we will have new management and coaching. Then it becomes a question of whether Cousins likes the new coach, if the new GM wants to rebuild with a new QB...
But if we have a Lombardi trophy with Cousins at QB, he can ask for the moon. Will we give him that, or try to win with a QB on a rookie deal?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@dadevike said:
@NorthernCalVike said:

Too many variables yet! If the Vikings don't win a Super Bowl during Cousins' current contract, I think we will have new management and coaching. Then it becomes a question of whether Cousins likes the new coach, if the new GM wants to rebuild with a new QB...
But if we have a Lombardi trophy with Cousins at QB, he can ask for the moon. Will we give him that, or try to win with a QB on a rookie deal?
I know he can ask for anything,  and he is a damn good QB, so even if we havent won, I dont think it will be because of him so I think they will want to keep him,  but I think he is smart enough to realize that filling his wallet will expedite his departure from the league if the team cant afford to protect him which in itself will lose him money from not playing those extra years.... wait and see I guess.