Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Want My Beebe Back Beebe Back Beebe Back

Barr— you are the single greatest topic title writer we have!  Sticky being the scariest.

To Beebe, or not to Beebe ?

Sounds like the organization has plans for Chad Beebe, either right now or next season. Had his whole family up to watch him, pretty fun for them.

“I knew Beebe was good; we’ve been trying to get him activated for about three weeks now,” Zimmer said. “He’s like that every day in practice, and it wasn’t a surprise to me what he did during the game.”

"The Lions took quick notice, according to Cousins, who said Detroit started to double Beebe in the second half. A third-and-6 incompletion on a deep shot to Aldrick Robinson stood out to Cousins.
“On the deep ball to Aldrick, they doubled [Beebe] and Adam,” Cousins said. “That was a recognition at halftime from their side, “Hey, we’re not going to let this guy beat us in man coverage. We’re going to double him as well.’”
Sometimes promotions are short-lived in the NFL, but the deceptive Beebe looks like he’s shown his ability well enough to stay.
“I think he’s a great asset for us as we look to the second half of the season,” Cousins said."

Sounds like a guy who might be next year's #3 WR. Also sounds like it might be highly risky to move him back to the PS now that he's played and gotten exposure.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Sounds like the organization has plans for Chad Beebe, either right now or next season. Had his whole family up to watch him, pretty fun for them.

“I knew Beebe was good; we’ve been trying to get him activated for about three weeks now,” Zimmer said. “He’s like that every day in practice, and it wasn’t a surprise to me what he did during the game.”

Sounds like a guy who might be next year's #3 WR. Also sounds like it might be highly risky to move him back to the PS now that he's played and gotten exposure.
Turdwell is still going to take a spot next year. Zylstra has one and for now is ahead of beebe not sure how long he’s under contract for. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Turdwell is still going to take a spot next year. Zylstra has one and for now is ahead of beebe not sure how long he’s under contract for. 
Zylstra probably won't be on the team next year. Beebe has that Julian Edelman type feel to him....probably not quite that good but maybe a Lite version. They'd use him similarly with that quick twitch short area quickness. Its a different kind of weapon that the offense could use situationally. 

the guy didn't have a Moss type breakout game, but Beebe aint going back to PS, no way. Kid has pedigree and I just got a feeling he's going to have success in the NFL. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
the guy didn't have a Moss type breakout game, but Beebe aint going back to PS, no way. Kid has pedigree and I just got a feeling he's going to have success in the NFL. 
Agree. Sometimes you can just see it. He's going to play a long time in the NFL. I'd almost like to see him replace Treadwell in the WR3 role, but damned if Tready didn't have a couple of nice catch and runs, too. Our receiver depth is looking up. 

He'll be good insurance for the annual Diggs injury.