Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey! I know that smell...
It’s all about the turnover margin, we win that battle, we generally win that game...  B) 

When the Vikings are plus-four on turnovers in the Zimmer era, they have a 2-0 record; when they are plus-three, they are 5-0; they are 12-1 at plus-two and 11-5 at plus-one. On the negative side of the turnover margin, the Vikings are 8-6-1 at minus-1, 0-5 when minus-2, 0-5 when minus-three and 0-1 when minus-4.

Zimmer’s overall record, including playoff games, is 44-30-1 since becoming a head coach in 2014. When the Vikings win the turnover battle, they are 30-6, according to Pro Football Reference. When they lose it, they are 8-17-1.

Since Zimmer joined the Vikings, they are 1-4 against Detroit when they lose the turnover battle, including a 14-7 loss in 2017 and a 17-3 loss in 2014, both at home when the Vikings were minus-three on turnovers. The Zimmer-led Vikings are 2-1 against Detroit when they have won the turnover margin, including 2-0 when they are plus-2 in turnovers (they lost in overtime in 2016 when they were plus-one in turnovers).

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/ContentGallery/The-best-trade-every-NFL-team-should-make-before-trade-deadline-123193278/

Hey! I know that smell...  B)

As long as you're at it Kentis....

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@TBro said:
Great teams face adversity during a game and find ways to overcome it. That's what the Saints did last night. They created a momentum shifting fumble that turned a potential 20-10 or 16-10 Vikings halftime lead into a 17-13 Saints lead. The Vikings were never the same after that happened. We are a mediocre team this year and our record reflects that. Still plenty of time left to change that around, but it's not looking very promising unless we get everyone back and can stay healthy. 

Yup.  All the sports sites saying how the Vikes were "steamrolled' by the Aints.  Bulls**t.

You can't give any team 14 points. That fumble by Thielen was a mortal wound.  The pick 6 was the coup de grace.

That's the narrative that was wanted so they falsely created it. Giving up 14 points was huge. The defense kept Brees in check. I think I cut them a little slack on the Buffalo game due to what was going on behind the scenes. Regardless, 1 more game till the bye and then hopefully guys get healthy and things come together. Beating the Lions is another monkey that needs to get off their backs.