Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hughes Torn ACL
That's not good. Usually you can walk on a torn ACL, so I wonder if there was any other ligament damage? I don't think that losing Hughes sinks us, but our corner play has been shaky so far, so not a place that I'd want to lose depth. On the positive side of things, Alexander played better today, Hill still has a ton of potential, Kearse has been a good big nickel safety, and Sherels is passable depth. We also have Jalen Myrick on the Practice Squad. We don't really have any cap space left, so we can't go out and make a big signing, but you'd hope that Zimmer could address this issue better than most coaches.

I'm sure we all know this, but since Newman joined the coaching staff, he's not eligible to play this season.

Quote: @"FessVike" said:
Perhaps Sendejo, Kearse, Ant, and George I will play more together in some fashion or another at the same time
That's certainly a possibility. We have really good depth at safety. Kearse is already doing well as a big nickel corner/safety and I wonder if Ant Harris is capable of playing slot corner? Very different than safety, but he seems like he has the ability.

maybe the DB whisperer will have to whisper to less then first round picks. 

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
I might take some heat for this, but if he's gone for the rest of the season Minnesota may be in trouble.

As a Rookie he was already consistently out-performing Alexander. And showing more upside than Waynes did in his first year.

Waynes has been dinged up this year. Xavier has had spells where he gets dinged up in-game and misses some time.

If either guy is out does Mac move outside or does Hill? When Zimmer goes Dime QBs will go right after Hill.

I like the kid's upside, but he's got to grow up in a hurry. And Alexander has got to show more consistency.

Maybe one guy steps up but I wouldn't count on them both.  Too risky and too little margin for error as I don't see Minnesota doing better than 10-5-1.

Time for the FO to find reinforcements.
This shit happens to the Vikings seemingly every year.  Two years in a row first picks go down with knee injuries.  Highly doubtful there are going to be any reinforcements.  

it looked like an ankle to me.

What a bummer.  Looks like Hill will get more reps too.  Hopefully Rhodes, Waynes, Mac stay healthy now.

Its rough, but happens to every team. Long road back for the kid but very doable. Should be ready for next year's TC just like Dalvin Cook was.

Damn, that sucks. I suppose if you were going to pick a position to suffer an injury, it would be DB. We have two very good outside corners in Rhodes and Waynes. Inside, Alexander and Hill will have to step up. Alexander looks like he's playing with a lot more confidence this year. And I like our backup safeties. Kearse, Harris, Iloka...that's a solid, versatile group that can also help inside. 

Quote: @"1Wildman" said:
it looked like an ankle to me.

That's what I thought when I saw the replay.  He may have injured both.