Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There’s Something Missing From the Everson Griffen Story
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@NorthwestNorseman said:
I don't remember the specifics, but Griffen had a lot of issues coming out of college, it's why he slipped in the draft and he also took a while to become a good player/person. 
He's been fighting some demons for awhile, JMO but its not football head injury related. The latest rumors are that he may indeed be back playing football at some point this season. 
Imo his issues back then we're more maturity related that  mental problems.  Big talented kid that was likley always getting a pass for his bull shit needed some harsh reality to wake his ass up and he got it after that incident with the cops his rookie year.
I would have put the immaturity stamp on it years ago too. But after this last "public episode" I think there is more going on here, much more...

That said, Zimmer says;

Mike Zimmer calls report 'false' that Vikings don't expect Everson Griffen to return anytime soon

ESPN reported Sunday prior to the Vikings’ 23-21 win in Philadelphia that Everson Griffen wasn’t expected to return to the team “anytime soon” as he focuses on his mental health. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer disputed that report.Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer was asked Thursday if the team expects defensive end Everson Griffen to return at any point in the 2018 season.
“I saw the report and I think it was false,” Zimmer said. “Let’s just say that.”
What report?
“There was a report from, was it [ESPN’s Adam] Schefter?” Zimmer turned asking to his public relations director. “Schefter.”
ESPN reported Sunday prior to the Vikings’ 23-21 win in Philadelphia that Griffen wasn’t expected to return to the team “anytime soon” as he focuses on his mental health.
Asked again Thursday to confirm that he thought the report was false, meaning the Vikings do expect Griffen to return soon, Zimmer winked in lieu of additional comment.
http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-c...497039931/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@NorthwestNorseman said:
I don't remember the specifics, but Griffen had a lot of issues coming out of college, it's why he slipped in the draft and he also took a while to become a good player/person. 
He's been fighting some demons for awhile, JMO but its not football head injury related. The latest rumors are that he may indeed be back playing football at some point this season. 
Imo his issues back then we're more maturity related that  mental problems.  Big talented kid that was likley always getting a pass for his bull shit needed some harsh reality to wake his ass up and he got it after that incident with the cops his rookie year.
I would have put the immaturity stamp on it years ago too. But after this last "public episode" I think there is more going on here, much more...

That said, Zimmer says;

Mike Zimmer calls report 'false' that Vikings don't expect Everson Griffen to return anytime soon

ESPN reported Sunday prior to the Vikings’ 23-21 win in Philadelphia that Everson Griffen wasn’t expected to return to the team “anytime soon” as he focuses on his mental health. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer disputed that report.Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer was asked Thursday if the team expects defensive end Everson Griffen to return at any point in the 2018 season.
“I saw the report and I think it was false,” Zimmer said. “Let’s just say that.”
What report?
“There was a report from, was it [ESPN’s Adam] Schefter?” Zimmer turned asking to his public relations director. “Schefter.”
ESPN reported Sunday prior to the Vikings’ 23-21 win in Philadelphia that Griffen wasn’t expected to return to the team “anytime soon” as he focuses on his mental health.
Asked again Thursday to confirm that he thought the report was false, meaning the Vikings do expect Griffen to return soon, Zimmer winked in lieu of additional comment.
http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-c...497039931/
Lots of young people do stupid shit no matter their mental status.  It would be pretty reckless to assign those couple incidents to a mental issue.