Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Dad...can we go to a HOME GAME now?
Kids had such a blast at the game, on the way out they asked if we could fly to Minnesota for a home game. 
Hell, I've been a Vikes fan since the early seventies and STILL haven't made the pilgrimage.

Christ, I'm a public school teacher. I had to sell a kidney to get THESE seats in LA!

Brats

My bad. I misread the title. Thought it read.

"Dad came we go to real game now" 

Sorry functioning on 4 hrs sleep today. 
Actually if you want entertainment there was plenty of scoring.
I'm kinda old school. I prefer to be less entertained.

Ha!  Spoiled kids nowadays.... 

My two year old was sitting with me the other day as I read some viking news (and yes, he can identify the Viking logo).  He said "Go Vikings game."  I laughed asked if he wanted to go to a Vikings game, and he said yes.  So likely I will be making the trek one of these years.

Awesome!  It's about family memories.

Quote: @"greediron" said:

My two year old was sitting with me the other day as I read some viking news (and yes, he can identify the Viking logo).  He said "Go Vikings game."  I laughed asked if he wanted to go to a Vikings game, and he said yes.  So likely I will be making the trek one of these years.
Ah yes...
Ruin' em young. That's my motto.
I've suffered my entire life no way you're getting off easy.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"greediron" said:

Ah yes...
Ruin' em young. That's my motto.
I've suffered my entire life no way you're getting off easy.
Yes, and then in January or Feb, I wonder why I did this to my kids.  I have some beautiful drawings my daughter did for me after the Walsh hook.

I thought this thread was going to be about all our short week away games.

So I decide to bring my 8 year old daughter to MSP to a game( 20 years ago) brained washed since birth!  I break out the vintage 1968 Orange Boss Mustang 302  for the trip ( she's beyond excited ) !!  It snows the night before up north we're from central Illinois 7 hours later we roll into Minny ( kids crazy ) some slush on some lanes mostly dry i'm rollin 70 suddenly in sight I point out Mandy there's our Metrodome she goes wild I mean screamin wild "dad its our Vikings home" suddenly  I notice the flashing lights  I pull over ordered put hands on car slammed/ cuffed " you were driving to fast for conditions and we followed you for 2 miles before you pulled over. Explained I was distracted by kid screamin it's HOME dad over & over first Vikings game she'd been to!!! She had her helga hat/braids on ....they even told her your dad's going to jail for evading...finally they let us go on we went to the game!! We Lost !!!