Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Souhan: Mysterious Bridgewater is the ultimate wild card for Vikings
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Asked if doctors have told him that he will fully recover, Bridgewater said, “That’s something I’d rather not talk about.”

That isn't exactly word for word the question that was asked...  the reporter actually asked if doctors have told him he would regain full mobility in his knee.  Watching the interview, it just seemed like Teddy was trying to dodge answering specific questions about his rehab and any medical questions.
Based upon everything we've heard recently from Zimmer, Spielman, and Teddy, it sounds like doctors have been very optimistic about his recovery.  It's not a matter of "if" he can make it back, it's "when" he will be fully recovered.  Context is everything...  go watch the full interview.  What Teddy said is not as dire as Souhan makes it sound...

Full mobility vs full recovery...I'm trying to see a massive difference between the two...seems like semantics to me...can he have a full recovery if full mobility doesn't return...I'm not an orthopedic surgeon nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express but I think those two things are pretty synonymous...

I get that everybody loves Teddy...by all accounts he's a great guy...but he is a long way off still...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
So if I'm The Vikings:
  • Do we have enough faith in TB's knees to hook our wagon to him at $20mm per year long term if Sam fails? TBD
I think that is going to be a tough decision for the Wilf's going forward. But if the contract tolls, they will find out if he is healthy before making the huge investment. I hope for the best, but won't be surprised if Teddy remains on PUP for the entire season.

Jeez, some people like to jump on anything.  The "quote" is from Teddy's presser at about the 4:20 mark.  Here's the full quote.

Reporter:
"Have the doctors told you that you'll be 100% some day, or is there a chance mobility will be affected?  What have they told you about when you're fully healed?"

Teddy: (I'm leaving out the "you know"s)
"That's something I'd rather not talk about: when I visit the doctors.  Whatever Rick and coach Zimm discuss to you guys, I'll leave it at that."

Sounds damning.