Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Aldrick Robinson...
Robinson was a 2011 sixth-round pick and played last season with the 49ers. He finished with 19 yards for 260 yards and two touchdowns.
His best season came in 2013 when he caught 18 passes for 365 yards and two touchdowns.
He’s a speed receiver. He’s not a star, but there’s a reason why he’s gotten opportunities every season since entering the league.
It might not mean much, but Robinson was teammates with Kirk Cousins 2012 into 2014 with the Redskins, so there’s some familiarity here.
“Well [Kirk] Cousins was with him before, and he really liked him,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Monday. “He’s a fast guy, makes some deep ball plays. Kirk throws a great deep ball, as you saw the other day.”

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2018/09...-robinson/

I thought it was a mildly interesting signing, considering the team has Stacy Coley. He does offer something different than Treadwell and Zylstra and that's deep speed. Teams are always looking to make their rosters better so maybe this is in that vein. 

Could be a similar player to Jarius Wright with a little more speed. 

Maybe the team caught a glimpse of just how effective the go route can be with this QB and wanted someone besides Diggs who can run them. Let's face it, as good as he is deep, Diggs butters his bread in the middle where his feet and routes really stand out. 

Curious to see what this guy can do, likely will only hear about him in practice reports for a while though

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I thought it was a mildly interesting signing, considering the team has Stacy Coley. He does offer something different than Treadwell and Zylstra and that's deep speed. Teams are always looking to make their rosters better so maybe this is in that vein. 
Considering Coley was at least partly to blame for the INT that was nullified by the idiot Matthews, I think they are looking for some veteran speed they can trust.