Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zim and Kickers
I wouldn't put Walsh's struggles on Zim.  Dude was a mental case.  Had a great rookie year but then couldn't get out of his own way.  I remember Tom interviewing him and Blair had to switch spots so he didn't look so short.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@BlackMagic7 said:
Why stop at Zimmer? There was no reason to move on from Forbath in the first place. He ultimately solved our problems after Walsh went off the rails; we didnt need to reach and put ourselves in this position in the first place...

We dont have to hold Spielman in the fire over it, but hindsight is a *****... just a dumb move. If we could land Bailey just do it. Burn the pick, let Carlson go... get better by admitting a mistake and correcting it while a better option is available...
You don't want to move on from the worst extra point kicker from last year? Okeedokee
Carlson made all of his extra points yesterday!

"Dont want to move on" is a hell of a stretch... "dont want to go with another rookie kicker who hasnt done shit in the NFL just because his college stats are good" is a little closer... but I was talking about it in hindsight, not from a time machine in my Forbath jersey...