Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question Answered
Yes, Kirk Cousins can stand toe to toe with the best of them and 'win' a shoot out for us...

No team with a legit shot at a SB should have a rookie K as a starter...if Dan Bailey is not in Minneapolis tomorrow for a workout I'll be one pissed off hombre...  

Amen. Bailey being available is a light version of Cousins availability...where kickers are concerned at least. Go get him.

Cousins was fantastic. He'll stand and fight. Can sling the rock and come back in a game on the road. I loved this game unlike any recent loss/tie. Minnesota will be getting Elflein back and expect O'Neill to get in as a starter at RT in under 5 weeks, he played extremely well. 

I like this team's attitude and now with Cousins, they can win. Carlson lost this game, its ok. This team will win plenty of games, trust me.

My God, what a helluva game Cousins had. VERY impressed with our new QB...and that will take us much farther than whatever glitch we have at kicker. Yeah, Carlson's gone. Sad, but you can't do that in the NFL. He lost the game for us. Forbath or Bailey will be our kicker within 24 hours. 

Compare Carlson's day with Walsh against the Seahawks - yes, Walsh cost us a playoff game, but there were plenty - me sometimes - pointing out that at least he made 3 of his 4 attempts. That probably kept him around too long. At least Carlson has left no doubt he can't kick for this team.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Compare Carlson's day with Walsh against the Seahawks - yes, Walsh cost us a playoff game, but there were plenty - me sometimes - pointing out that at least he made 3 of his 4 attempts. That probably kept him around too long. At least Carlson has left no doubt he can't kick for this team.
I just hope we learned our lesson after Walsh.
That whole season Walsh was shaky. FO stuck with him, hoped he'd work his way out of it, etc, and it ultimately doomed us. I'm not saying they were necessarily wrong to give him more chances but the fact is, it cost us a playoff game. I really hope we fix the issue much sooner this time, before it costs us more than it did today.
Gotta learn from the past.

Then again, I would've thought we would've burned the strategy of drafting a college kicker with a big leg after Walsh but... here we are.

Yep, I'm a cousins fan now.  He battled and did everything to get his team the win.  Treadwell and Carlson blew this win for the team, but Cousins made me a believer.