Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe this was Captain Kirks 1st opening day win as a starter...
Well done considering the pass pro was shaky, the running game barely functional...

Left some plays on the field, but displayed nice accuracy, poise and velocity too...Some of the prettiest passes since Bert and SAm. I'm very hopeful moving forward with Cousins @ QB. 

2 TD passes were perfect throws, just missed a couple of others! Hoping the Elf comes of the shelf soon...  B) 

Wow, I didn't know that.  Yeah, it was easy to see we upgraded at QB.  Kirk had a nice game, but struggled in the second half.  I think Flip didn't help him out any.  Seemed like in the 4th guys just couldn't get open, and the running game was just about shut down.

I think if we can get some kind of improvement from our line whatsoever that he'll be throwing ropes. He looked great all said and done. 

He was lucky to not have 2 interceptions. I am glad for the win. Kudos on the 1st opening day win. I love seeing his excitement after scoring. It's fun to watch.

As suspected, Kirk Cousins is the right quarterback for VikingsKirk Cousins wasn’t perfect on Sunday, but some of his passes were. The accuracy of the Vikings’ new quarterback is preternatural. 
“I think he was born with it,” receiver Stefon Diggs said. 
Diggs was on the receiving end of a remarkable Cousins toss in the second quarter Sunday, a 22-yard pass that landed on his right shoulder for the first official touchdown connection between the new teammates. The window was, as they say, small. 
“He does so many great things,” Diggs said. “And he looks great, too. Have you seen him?” 
Yes, Stefon, we’ve seen a lot of Cousins since he signed a three-year, $84 million free-agent deal in March; but we hadn’t seen him play a real game in a Vikings uniform until Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium. He completed 20 of 36 passes for 244 yards and two touchdowns in a 24-16 victory over San Francisco. 
No, Cousins wasn’t perfect, but his performance should be enough to convince the skeptics that he is the perfect quarterback for the Vikings — that a team eager to build on last season’s NFC Championship appearance and return to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1977 made the right decision to jettison Case Keenum and Sam Bradford and go after the bigger, better thing. 
Counsins’ touchdown passes to Diggs and tight end Kyle Rudolph were the kind of thread-the-needle throws that not every quarterback can make. 
The latter, an 11-yard pass into Rudolph’s bread basket at the back of the end zone that gave Minnesota a 24-6 lead early in the third quarter, was even more impressive than his first, especially when seen from field level. It’s the kind of strong-armed accuracy that separates great quarterbacks from good ones, and champions from contenders. 
“I think that’s NFL football. I think if you’re not really accurate, and you don’t have that confidence to let it rip, you’re going to be holding the ball and getting sacked, or spraying the ball everywhere,” Cousins said. “If you’re waiting for guys to get open, you’re going to be waiting a long time.” 
Cousins left some plays on the field in his first full, and real, game with the Vikings, but did nothing to change the perception that he is, as many suspected, the quarterback Minnesota needs to end a 47-year run without an NFL championship (they won the 1969 NFL championship before losing Super Bowl IV), and win the first Super Bowl in franchise history. 
“He played well,” coach Mike Zimmer said. 
https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/09/john-shipley-as-suspected-kirk-cousins-is-the-right-quarterback-for-vikings/