Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer not listening
Instead of picking up some OTHER team's REJECT, Zimmer was given good advice on how to improve the kicking game, yet failed to act upon it. With Carlson now handling the kick offs and field goals, it would have been a shrewd move by Zimmer to have Carlson also handle the punting duties. TEACH HIM! This would have also created ONE more roster spot. ONE free gift of a roster spot simply by having Carlson handle all aspects of the kicking game. He can do it. He is a professional now!

Which guy who got cut would YOU want on the Viking Roster?

I don't think punting in the pros is something  you teach on the fly.

But it's easy,  I want BRob back.

Brian back

How many teams in the league have a single player handling kickoffs, place kicking, and punting? Exactly.

Teach him to punt because he is already a kicker and punting involves kicking a ball? Does it work the other way, too - Can punters be taught to become place kickers?
I’m no expert, but I don’t think it’s quite that easy.

with your loggic why have a kicker at all? just have the team hold try outs with the rest of the 50 other players. 

(I'd teach Chuck Norris. He could kick the shit outta a football...)

For the 53, i'd agree with Robison. We'll see how the young rotation pans out...

Jack Tocho vs. Kearse is kind of a toss up for me. I think I like Tocho better defensively, but Kearse better on special teams...

oh... I get it...

... our new punter used to be a field goal kicker...

https://youtu.be/a8RPL58ZC_A?t=33m21s

I've doubted Zimmer quite a few times and many times been forced to eat my words. Hoping this is another of those times.