Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Koehn giving Forbath a run for the $?
Koehn’s range
Marshall Koehn could take Kai Forbath’s job as the Vikings kicker if Koehn has a preseason as strong as his leg. Undrafted last year out of Iowa, Koehn figured he could still clear a field goal from deep despite forecast 10-to-15-mile-per-hour wind gusts this week.
“With this wind, I think 60 [yards] isn’t out of the question,” Koehn said.
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-antho...437296483/

I'm rooting for Koehn in this one because he's got a helluva leg. But he's going to have to prove more reliable up close than Forbath... because Walsh.

Love this quote from Robinson: 
“I think I’ve improved a lot mentally. I think I’ve always been a big, fast, strong, physical guy, but mentally I think I’m head over heels from last year,” Robinson said.

Um....

Walsh had a big leg, also. He needs to be money with some pressure. Not sure he's got Kai's mentality. 

Kicking battle seems wide open...wouldn't be surprised to see Koehn win it...

Koehn is great athlete. He also played defensive back and wide receiver in high school and was a solid player. I think he had 5+ interceptions his senior year. Was also All State baseball a few times and I know he still holds a number of state hitting records (or at least is in the top five). 

I'm pulling for him. Consistency on the long extra points and 30-40 yard field goals is going to be key for him to earn the spot. He'll have no issues with touchbacks on kickoffs and will be among the best in the league from 45+.