Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travis Frederick diagnosed with Guillain Barre syndrome

I think most people read this news and glance right past it.  Don't.  This syndrome can be flat out scary.  My wife's uncle got diagnosed with this last year, ended up getting stroke like symptoms becoming paralyzed from the neck down, then his body went into shutdown mode, all within a few months.  He did not recover and passed away.  Every situation is different and the good thing is the story said they caught it early, but this syndrome is serious business.   Sad

Quote: @"NorthwestNorseman" said:
I think most people read this news and glance right past it.  Don't.  This syndrome can be flat out scary.  My wife's uncle got diagnosed with this last year, ended up getting stroke like symptoms becoming paralyzed from the neck down, then his body went into shutdown mode, all within a few months.  He did not recover and passed away.  Every situation is different and the good thing is the story said they caught it early, but this syndrome is serious business.   Sad
definitely,  and if you do survive... its a lifelong recovery.  stroke symptoms is a good way to put it since most people arent old enough to remember how crippling polio was.  This is commonly referred to French Polio and is some life changing scary shit.  My wifes god mother got it 2 years before our wedding,  and still has issues stemming from it and we are having our 25th anniversary in a year.

prayers for him and his family.