Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings: Here are some free-agent guards who could take Nick Easton’s place
Quote: @Ralphie said:
@wiviking said:
 I think we will be fine with who we have. Compton or Isodora should be able to handle the job. Better to lose Easton now than three weeks from now.

Agreed.  Plus once all the teams start making cuts, we might find a nugget of wheat among the chaff...
There's just one cutdown date near end of preseason rather than two or three as in the past, correct?

Quote: @Cowskull said:
Incognito. They should have drafted Hernandez. I don't care about "scheme fit," he is a pro football player and a road-grater. 
Have a "come to Jesus" meeting with Zimmer and get it done. 
Full disclosure, I wanted Hernandez at our pick as well over who we drafted but I watched him get blown off the ball last night a few times to the point it was noticeable. Also missed a stunt that went inside and eventually got to the QB. I'm going to take a wait and see approach because I feel spielman knows this is too talented of a team to let weakness at 1 position derail the possibilities. I think we deal a reciever or corner for oline depth or sign a vet to a min deal and let it ride. 

I thought Gossett was going to leap onto the scene and show everyone he was starter material.  Now, it seems unlikely he will even make the PS.

Quote: @Ponifan said:
I thought Gossett was going to leap onto the scene and show everyone he was starter material.  Now, it seems unlikely he will even make the PS.
Start as a rookie?? What the hell kind of crazy talk is that? No, he's a long ways from STARTING, but based on what I saw at the Senior Bowl, I would be shocked if he didn't make the PS

Quote: @quattrovike said:
@Cowskull said:
Incognito. They should have drafted Hernandez. I don't care about "scheme fit," he is a pro football player and a road-grater. 
Have a "come to Jesus" meeting with Zimmer and get it done. 
Full disclosure, I wanted Hernandez at our pick as well over who we drafted but I watched him get blown off the ball last night a few times to the point it was noticeable. Also missed a stunt that went inside and eventually got to the QB. I'm going to take a wait and see approach because I feel spielman knows this is too talented of a team to let weakness at 1 position derail the possibilities. I think we deal a reciever or corner for oline depth or sign a vet to a min deal and let it ride. 
I would've taken Hernandez or Corbett. But I was not privy to the fact that the Vikings had already decided to move Remmers inside. Had I known that, I would not have taken a guard there at all. Tackle was the much bigger need and there just wasn't any value there. 

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@Ralphie said:
@wiviking said:
 I think we will be fine with who we have. Compton or Isodora should be able to handle the job. Better to lose Easton now than three weeks from now.

Agreed.  Plus once all the teams start making cuts, we might find a nugget of wheat among the chaff...
There's just one cutdown date near end of preseason rather than two or three as in the past, correct?

Correct...

SEPTEMBER
Sept. 1 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List. 
Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List. 
Sept. 2 Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time. 
Upon receipt of the Personnel Notice at approximately 1:00 p.m., New York time, clubs may establish a Practice Squad of 10 players (clubs participating in the International Player Development Program may sign one additional international player to a Practice Player Contract.) No club, including the player’s prior club, will be permitted to sign a player to a Practice Player Contract until all clubs have received simultaneous notification via the above Personnel Notice that such player’s prior NFL player contract has been terminated via the waiver system.