Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This place sounds amazing ...
Quote: @Maple Surple said:
Thanks to the Org for building this amazing facility
&
Thanks to the fans & non fans who are paying for it !
Nope, unlike USB Stadium which was heavily subsidized by Season Tix Holder PSL's and State of MN, TCO is all on the Wilf's dime. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Maple Surple said:
Thanks to the Org for building this amazing facility
&
Thanks to the fans & non fans who are paying for it !
Nope, unlike USB Stadium which was heavily subsidized by Season Tix Holder PSL's and State of MN, TCO is all on the Wilf's dime. 
“Dimes” no doubt harvested from Minnesotans ( & tha’s no easy feat either LOL )

Either which way, I am glad to see a commitment to excellence, as the memory of bargain basement Red still lingers

This will no doubt pay dividends down the road...

Can I just say that absolutely everything on the menu looks awesome...except the buffalo chicken and that’s only because I can’t do spicy stuff Wink

When you are a northern team like Minnesota, an indoor stadium and world class facilities make a difference to players. They all like $$$$$ of course, but the day to day workplace environment is arguably the NFL's best in Minneapolis now.

What's also amazing is what this facility could be like in another 5-7 years. The plans for development of that land parcel include some pretty impressive stuff. Right-up the Wilf's alley. 

I also read where their development company is bidding to build some hi-rises in Mpls. They are truly vested in the community. 

Looking like the best thing to happen to the Vikings and MN sports since Max Winter won a franchise for the State. Compare that to The Pohlads and Twins who have the worst record in baseball since Target Field opened. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Compare that to The Pohlads and Twins who have the worst record in baseball since Target Field opened. 
I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense and is so incredibly frustrating.  The state of MN and the taxpayers gave the Twins the stadium of their dreams, after promises that the Twins would run a first-class organization and money would no longer be an object nor a constant excuse hampering them from fielding a competitive team.

And the Pohlads have given nothing back but garbage in return, still clinging to their normal, cheapskate, profit-grabbing ways.  Not to mention that they even offered to contract the team in the mid-2000s, so that they could basically pocket a $250 million payoff.

They are some of the worst owners in professional sports IMO.

That's why it is so refreshing to have great owners like the Wilfs in place now for the Vikings, after suffering for years under the 10-headed monster and penny-pinching McCombs.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@purplefaithful said:
Compare that to The Pohlads and Twins who have the worst record in baseball since Target Field opened. 
I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense and is so incredibly frustrating.  The state of MN and the taxpayers gave the Twins the stadium of their dreams, after promises that the Twins would run a first-class organization and money would no longer be an object nor a constant excuse hampering them from fielding a competitive team.

And the Pohlads have given nothing back but garbage in return, still clinging to their normal, cheapskate, profit-grabbing ways.  Not to mention that they even offered to contract the team in the mid-2000s, so that they could basically pocket a $250 million payoff.

They are some of the worst owners in professional sports IMO.

That's why it is so refreshing to have great owners like the Wilfs in place now for the Vikings, after suffering for years under the 10-headed monster and penny-pinching McCombs.
Granted the Twins are a mess, but the NFL & MLB are completely different animals

A small market team can maybe play money ball and hope for a long shot every now & then, but the $ distribution is so stacked against them 

When Hollywood does a David Vs Goliath movie on the state of baseball, there’s your sign.