Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL preseason power rankings: Packers on top, Eagles in nosedive
I know that it means absolutely nothing in the end, but seriously, this guy has the Packers as the best team in the NFL?!?!  And it's because they won the Super Bowl as a wild card team 8 years ago?  WTF??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl...li=BBnb7Kz

1. Green Bay Packers
The division race between the Packers and Vikings is expected to be the best in the league and the implications are far greater than a home playoff game. In nine of the last 10 years, the Super Bowl was won by a division winner. Then again, the lone exception came in 2010 when a team won the wild card before rattling off three-straight road wins en route to a Super Bowl title. That team? The Green Bay Packers.

4. Minnesota Vikings
Now that the high from the Kirk Cousins signing has worn off, the sobering reality approaches: Unless Cousins, a quarterback who's never won a playoff game and single-handedly prevented Washington from making the postseason in 2016, gets to the Super Bowl, he will have failed to improve on the performance of his predecessor, Case Keenum.

Idiot

How in the world could you rate the Packers #1 in the NFL?

Halfway through the second quarter and Hundley already has a fumble and interception LOL.

His reasoning is just loopy. 

We'll have to see...

These predictions of Pack back are many times based on the logic that Rogers and GB were coming off a very good year (s) before he went lame and were what? 4/1 coming into USB last year?

They were considered by most a top 3-4 team in NFC. Whether they ever regain that stature again remains to be seen.  They haven't remained static though with major, major changes in front office, coaching etc.

That said, I think the Vikings roster is better in most areas and I like our coaching, facilities and ownership now the most of my 45+ years of following this team. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
We'll have to see...

These predictions of Pack back are many times based on the logic that Rogers and GB were coming off a very good year (s) before he went lame and were what? 4/1 coming into USB last year?

They were considered by most a top 3-4 team in NFC. Whether they ever regain that stature again remains to be seen.  They haven't remained static though with major, major changes in front office, coaching etc.

That said, I think the Vikings roster is better in most areas and I like our coaching, facilities and ownership now the most of my 45+ years of following this team. 
Right there with ya. Started following these team since around '71. And I'm not a game day fan; I'm an offseason fan, meaning I pay more attention to free agency, the draft and depth charts than I do wins and losses. You know the type...I can never remember where i put my keys, but I can tell you what round we took Walker Lee Ashley and where he went to college. It's an affliction on the savant spectrum. :-) And, yes, this is the best roster the Vikings have ever fielded, even without Easton. And it's really not even that close. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
His reasoning is just loopy. 
Loopy and just plain lazy. 
He entitled to his dumb@ss lazy opinion.