Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice piece on Andre Patterson...
Well-traveled Vikings defensive line coach Andre Patterson finds a home in MinnesotaFinding his daughter is the primary reason he wants to remain in Minnesota “forever.” He also has professional reasons for feeling fondness for the Twin Cities.
In his first stint, he coached two Hall of Famers. In his second, he coaches a startling number of superior athletes.
“It’s hard to compare when you had two Hall of Famers,” he said. “It’s hard to compete with that. John Randle and Chris Doleman were two of the best ever to play the game, and then you throw Jerry Ball into that mix, that was a phenomenal group.
“The group I have now, from one to 16, is the most talented group I’ve ever been fortunate to coach. [General Manager] Rick Spielman and the scouting department have done an outstanding job of bringing the talent level at my position to a totally different place than where it was when I got here four years ago.”
He has seen organizational changes, too. Patterson is the only member of the coaching staff who worked for Denny Green and Mike Zimmer, for Red McCombs and the Wilfs.
“The biggest difference in the franchise is ownership,” he said. “The Wilfs want to do everything first-class. They want to have the best stadium in the league, the best office complex in the league. They’re not afraid to go get talent, to do whatever it takes to be the best.”

http://www.startribune.com/well-traveled...490313711/