Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings rookie RB Cook not in Peterson's shadow: 'My time will come'
A conversation with Vikings' Dalvin Cook: replacing Peterson, maturing and fishing
In an exclusive interview, Vikings' Dalvin Cook dishes on his legal run-ins, work ethic and drive. 
Vikings veterans report to Mankato for training camp on Wednesday with nearly the entire 90-man roster stomping on the practice fields this week. Head coach Mike Zimmer is seeking to rebound from a lackluster 8-8 campaign that was marred for many reasons, not the least of which was a dismal rushing attack.
Enter Dalvin Cook, the shifty stud running back who set records at Florida State. The Vikings have a couple experienced runners in the backfield, but all eyes are on the second-round pick whom many considered one of the draft’s top talents. We caught up with Cook just before his first training camp practice to discuss what’s motivating him, how he is seeking to mature beyond a checkered background that contributed to his slide in the NFL draft, and running in Adrian Peterson’s shadow.
Q: You were a five-star recruit, ACC star and are now filling Adrian Peterson’s shoes. How have you handled pressure in your life?
Cook: “I just say you always stick to your roots — and that’s just being you and working hard. Because I just feel like if you take the hard work out, talent is by itself and you can’t win off just talent. So I always pride myself on working hard, shutting out what people say and doing stuff like that. Just work hard and you’ll get the outcome you want.”
Q: What motivates you?
http://www.startribune.com/a-conversatio...436616363/

Decent enough interview...I liked how it ended!

Q: What would a successful rookie season be for you?
Cook: “Establishing myself. Coming in, I just want to make the playoffs. That’s it starting off. I think if we get in the playoffs we have a big shot at winning the championship. That’s all I want to do. I just want to win championships and win games. I think once we do that, all the accolades for myself will add up. When I came into Florida State, I never set goals for myself. I always said just make it to the field, get on the field. Just help my team win football games. Once I do that, all the accolades will add up.”

I really think Cook will be special. He seems like a very unselfish person as well. Loved watching him play at FSU