Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does little Marcus Sherels continue to make the Vikings? ‘He’s a baller’
https://www.twincities.com/2018/07/31/ho...-a-baller/

Nearly a decade into an unlikely NFL career, it seems like Marcus Sherels could be back on the chopping block.

It's why Marcus Sherels is one of my favorite Vikings.  People have had him cut every year for 10 years now.  He's crafty and an underdog and a local -- what's not to love.  There's no showboat in him, he just does the job.  Plus, he's a serviceable dime corner.  All that said, this year will be tough for him with Hughes added and his age becoming a factor.

Yeah it will be tough this year to continue his improbable run of making the team. You usually don't have to worry about guys like him in their life after football. If nothing is ever taken for granted it tends to keep you grounded and more focussed on the bigger picture. I won't count him out yet. 

The only way he is cut is if somebody takes the PR job,  there have been better DBs cut in the past but Sherels stuck due to those PR skills.  Seeing how they aren't even working Hughes at PR right  now and  we aren't hearing of anybody else at the spot I think it speaks a lot of how safe MS is for now.

The Vikes may need Hughes to be playing regularily on D at some point during this season.  Not sure you want a starter returning punts or kicks.  Sherels has a very good shot at making the team, IMO.

I think the battle will be if Hill proves to be to good to cut loose,  that would likely bring the battle down to Newman and Sherels for the last CB spot unless Newman shows well  enough working at S that they keep him over Kearse or Harris.