Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT....Rental Cars
One thing to think about when renting throuhg Turo is the insurance. I spoke with both AMEX and AAA regarding extended and carryover coverage, respectively. Both stated that cars rented throuh the Turo service do not apply to the normal coverage that is offered. 
Turo does offer basic liability, but it may be wise to purchase at least the lower level coverage offered by Turo. This covers theft and damage with a fairly high deductible.
Just a heads up.....

Quote: @"onebadshredda" said:
One thing to think about when renting throuhg Turo is the insurance. I spoke with both AMEX and AAA regarding extended and carryover coverage, respectively. Both stated that cars rented throuh the Turo service do not apply to the normal coverage that is offered. 
Turo does offer basic liability, but it may be wise to purchase at least the lower level coverage offered by Turo. This covers theft and damage with a fairly high deductible.
Just a heads up.....
maybe you already have,  but check with your own insurance carrier about rental coverage.  My company has full rental coverage included in my policy so I never take additional insurance.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"onebadshredda" said:
Just a heads up.....
maybe you already have,  but check with your own insurance carrier about rental coverage.  My company has full rental coverage included in my policy so I never take additional insurance.
A lot of credit cards have that insurance as well, provided you use the card to pay for the rental.

That's why I called both AMEX (used AMEX for rental)  and AAA (my insurance carrier). Both stated they provide no coverage for a vehicle rented through Turo.