Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Sleep On The Bears
I think it's going to be a more competitive division this year, but I still think it's going to be Vikes, Packers, Lions, Bears.  I don't trust Trubisky yet, and the Packers are always good for 9+ wins with Rodgers.  I doubt their rookie CBs are going to make a huge difference in year 1.

Breaking down new-look Bears: Mitchell Trubisky has what he needs to break outIn some ways, the 2018 Bears are a very different team than the one that ended the 2017 season. In other ways, they are building on more of the same.
Head coach John Fox was fired, and offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains was not retained. Those two were replaced by offensive-minded Matt Nagy and former Oregon coach Mark Helfrich, respectively.
Those were the first steps for Chicago in trying to get a breakout second year out of quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Then, along with the philosophical and schematic reboot, came upgraded offensive skill personnel through free agency and the draft.
Defensively, however, with the Bears trending in the right direction in their base 3-4, Vic Fangio was retained to oversee a talented, mostly young unit that continues to grow. But the defense also got a key addition who can help take it to another level.
Here are the most notable changes that blew threw Chicago in the offseason as it tries to become a force in the NFC North.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/chi...3mafibw63r

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Start with the #10 D which added a stud LB in the draft
Young stud RB
Multi-tool player in Cohen
A QB who could be this year's version of Goff
Talent infusion at WR
And an offensive minded HC who will bring KCs versatile offense
I think they finish second to our Vikings
I agree with you. I liked the moves they made. It all comes down to Trubisky taking that jump up in play. They were too damn scared to allow him to throw the ball beyond 10 yards. 

I think Nagy gives Trubisky what McVey gave Goff...a big  boost...

I think you can boost trubisky all you want and he'll still be middle of the pack talent

In Trubisky's 12 starts he was very similar in stats to Semian's 11 starts.  59% completion at the bottom of starting QB's, about 6.5 per attempt towards the bottom, 7 Int's and 7 TD's and 5 fumbles and a QBR towards the bottom 2 of starters as well.

I watched a good chunk of his games and I really don't see the hype or expectations of a huge jump for him heading into his sophomore year which can be very hard on QB's especially in a new system.  

I saw a guy throw a ton into coverage and committing to first read and inaccurate which the 59% completion percentage indicates.  That is with a ton designed quick throws within 5 yards of LOS.  

I am just not seeing the reasons for anything other then hoping for some improvement in his very subpar rookie numbers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/20/mitche...ium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb