Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why'd we sign Kendricks before Barr?
I believe it is a combination of things that  were  stated above

As someone else stated, the main reason is that our offers started out closer and were easier negotiations for Kendricks and Hunter.

Our original offers for Barr and Diggs are way off thus negotiations are in order.  I don't think their is a big reason for any order other then that.

Now, left with two to resign we maybe only able to afford one now and see how the other performs this year to warrant big money.  heck we may let both of them play this year without an extension and wait and see approach.  See if Diggs can stay healthy and be a #1 WR like he wants to be paid even though Theilan has been the more consistent WR.  See if Barr can play consistent for a whole season and put him in positions to rush the passer more.  Barr was a better tackler last year but his first three years he was noted as having a lot of missed tackles.  I think both Diggs (#1 WR money) and Barr (pass rushing 3-4 LB money) are asking for too much while Kendicks and Hunter were negotiable from the get-go.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Easier $$ to fit the cap?
Position?
# of Snaps?
Upside?
Other?

I like Kendricks, but Barr imo has higher ceiling, more plays, so important in this scheme. Maybe if I bothered to look at the stats the last few seasons I'd see why??
Fear of losing him.