Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good article on Percy Harvin
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@SouthCarolinaViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
Ah Percy....maybe the only guy who disliked Brad Childress more then I did =)
Wasn't  Childress the coach that T.O. went after in Philly? I know Moss didn't care much for him either.
I cant remember, but I cant think of too many players who came out in support of that guy as a good coach. He was bad....as evidenced by him never getting another NFL head coaching position.
Hard to love a guy who fires someone on Christmas Eve. Should've had a visit from 3 spirits he would've been a better man for it.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
Wasn't  Childress the coach that T.O. went after in Philly? I know Moss didn't care much for him either.
it wasnt a coach... it was Hugh Douglas... some sort of eagles hand puppet,  but not a coach.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
it wasnt a coach... it was Hugh Douglas... some sort of eagles hand puppet,  but not a coach.
Childress liked to egg TO on.  Calling him Terrell which pissed him off.  I kinda liked Childress when he was hired for that reason.  But as years wore on, he proved to be a hypocrite.  He was a hard ass until Favre played him like a fool.  Old Bert skipping camp and then coming in not knowing the new offense they had designed for him really sealed Brad's fate.  The locker room saw him as a hypocrite and there isn't much worse than a hard ass disciplinarian that is a fraud.

https://www.twincities.com/2007/10/17/te...ngs-coach/

Owens told Childress not to talk to him while Childress was his offensive coordinator. Apparently, they've patched things up.

And I remember Moss, on his second stint here, saying Childress isn't head coaching material and the released Moss and kept Childress. I wish it were the opposite.

I guess I'm old school, you don't talk shit on your coach.  You do your job and keep your damn mouth shut.
Then again I'm no "superstar" either.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I guess I'm old school, you don't talk shit on your coach.  You do your job and keep your damn mouth shut.
Then again I'm no "superstar" either.
Agreed.  I like Randy, but he was a punk after he got exiled by Billichek. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@supafreak84 said:
I cant remember, but I cant think of too many players who came out in support of that guy as a good coach. He was bad....as evidenced by him never getting another NFL head coaching position.
But Childress is now the Head Coach of the Atlanta franchise in the Alliance for American Football league...

Quote: @greediron said
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
Childress liked to egg TO on.  Calling him Terrell which pissed him off.  I kinda liked Childress when he was hired for that reason.  But as years wore on, he proved to be a hypocrite.  He was a hard ass until Favre played him like a fool.  Old Bert skipping camp and then coming in not knowing the new offense they had designed for him really sealed Brad's fate.  The locker room saw him as a hypocrite and there isn't much worse than a hard ass disciplinarian that is a fraud.
Owners also were talking behind Childress's back. They were talking to team leaders gauging how the team felt about him in 2010. That's a death blow to a hardass like him. Farve got him a new contact with a 8-1 start in 09.  Then may have helped get him fired in 2010.  Brad was hired to be a hardass then fired because he was one. The Wilfs have really grown as owners since the days of Brad and Frazier.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@greediron said
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
Owners also were talking behind Childress's back. They were talking to team leaders gauging how the team felt about him in 2010. That's a death blow to a hardass like him. Farve got him a new contact with a 8-1 start in 09.  Then may have helped get him fired in 2010.  Brad was hired to be a hardass then fired because he was one. The Wilfs have really grown as owners since the days of Brad and Frazier.
That started with hiring a GM that knows football and how to manage those aspects of the business.  That has allowed them to avoid the missteps like the TOA and hiring a Frazier.

Quote: @greediron said:
@suncoastvike said:
@greediron said
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
That started with hiring a GM that knows football and how to manage those aspects of the business.  That has allowed them to avoid the missteps like the TOA and hiring a Frazier.
remember all that early stuff was being done with an ear to Parcells.