Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Often-injured Vikings DB Antone Exum says it’s a ‘blessing’ returning to practice
MANKATO _ It wasn’t a typical day for Vikings defensive back Antone Exum. He actually was healthy enough Monday to practice.
It’s been one injury after another the past 1 1/2 years for Exum, entering his fourth NFL season. But he was able to make it through the first day of training camp unscathed.
“It’s a blessing for me because I know what it’s like to not be able to play the game,’’ Exum said.
The bad run of fortune for Exum began when he suffered rib and shoulder injuries Dec. 6, 2015 against Seattle, and was placed on injured reserve.
Exum didn’t play in a single regular-season game last season. He suffered a leg injury in an Aug. 28 preseason game against San Diego and soon was placed was on injured reserve.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/24/oft...-practice/

I just don't see him making the team.  He just can't stay healthy. 

Odds are against him sticking on the roster.

It's definitely uphill for Exum, but...coaches must still see something they like. IIRC, he started the Seattle game in which he was injured, might have started the week before as well, and it looked like the light had gone on. He could potentially change the plan at safety - if his injuries haven't impaired him, if his understanding of the NFL game has grown, if he can stay healthy...but it's pretty bad when we're impressed that a player just made it through 1 day of camp without getting hurt.

The best ability is availability...this guy isn't even an afterthought...imo...

I had forgotten he was on the roster until now,  but it makes sense that he sticks, as outside of Kearse and the two starters... what else to we have at S?  Harris and Tocho and neither of them have made enough of an impression that would suggest that they take his place at this point.