Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is not what I'd want to come home to

Truly bizarre story. I'm just now trying to catch up to. He's not at home when the body was found. Not even in the state. Who had access to his house? How long was the victim dead? Police are investigating as a murder by strangulation or suffocation. In the end you are ultimately responsible for what goes on in your house. If you let someone use it while you're away you better really trust that person. Lot's to be answered here. More to come I'm sure.

Police are investigating Roosevelt Rene’s death as a homicide
[Image: ap_18177778158072-e1530099373631.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1]
AP
The death of 25-year-old Roosevelt Rene is being investigated as a homicide, according to ABC/ESPN.
The story regarding the discovery of Rene’s body was covered on Wednesday morning by ABC’s Good Morning America. And even though no accusations of any kind have been made against Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins, who rents the house where Rene was found, the report included a quote that seems odd at best, ominous at worst.
“Janoris wanted to get back to New Jersey but the New York Giants and the attorneys have told him to stay in Florida at this point as police continue to investigate,” ESPN’s Diana Russini said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/27/police-are-investigating-roosevelt-renes-death-as-a-homicide/

Not sure why that quote seems "odd" or worse "ominous"
If a friend living in my house died (in any capacity) I'd want to get there and help police / investigators with any questions.
And I'd do it QUICKLY

I'm sure the team did tell him stay away. Probably told him lawyer up and clear any statements though our offices too. It may make it look like he's hiding something to us. Saying or doing the wrong thing could make it look worse.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/body-found-in-ballpark-cooler-before-reds-braves-game/ar-AAzeOAM?ocid=ientp
And any of you Atlanta Braves fans might be careful ordering that cold one at the game, too. Wink

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Not sure why that quote seems "odd" or worse "ominous"
If a friend living in my house died (in any capacity) I'd want to get there and help police / investigators with any questions.
And I'd do it QUICKLY
This part... ?

“but the New York Giants & the attorneys have told him to stay in Florida at this point as police continue to investigate”

Report: “Person of interest” is Janoris Jenkins’ brother
[Image: 878156766-e1511619893408.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1]
Getty Images
Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins was in another state when a dead body was found in his home, but the first known person of interest in the case is someone he knows well.
According to TMZ, Bergen County, New Jersey officials want to talk to his brother William Jenkins about the case. Being a person of interest in the case is not the same as being a suspect.
“William Jenkins is a person of interest in relation to dead body case at his brother’s house. Bergen County wants to talk to him,” Ontario County (New York) district attorney James Ritts told TMZ.
William Jenkins was arrested in upstate New York yesterday, hours before authorities found the dead body of Roosevelt Rene in the home of the Giants cornerback.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/27/report-person-of-interest-is-janoris-jenkins-brother/

well, this didn’t take long...
Janoris Jenkins’ brother charged with aggravated manslaughter
AP
Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins‘ brother has gone from a person of interest in the investigation of the death of Roosevelt Rene to being charged with aggravated manslaughter.
The Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office and Fair Lawn, New Jersey police department announced that William Jenkins has been charged with that crime a day after Rene’s body was found in the basement of Janoris Jenkins’ home in Fair Lawn. William Jenkins is currently in police custody in Ontario County, New York and the New Jersey authorities note that the investigation into all the details of the case are ongoing.
William Jenkins was picked up by police after they responded to a call about a man in “suspicious condition” early on Tuesday morning and arrested him when they found he had an outstanding warrant.
Janoris Jenkins is in Florida and has not made any public comments about Rene’s death or his brother’s involvement in the investigation to this point.

the brother was arrested before they found the body?  Sounds like he is more than a person of interest...