Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-Rob back!
Wow, we really do see the world through different lenses lol!

Nobody was holding a gun to #96's head to play here. He's not some hero for signing here.

He wants a ring and I sure as hell dont blame him. I've been waiting even longer - 50 years now lol!

As a fan, I'm glad he's back for a swan song. He's still an important player. I  hope he gets his wish for that elusive ring. Somehow I think that might make me happy too if he does. 

I admit I'm a BRob fan.  I love what he brings to the team, and not just on Sundays.  He's a playmaker, but also a leader/mentor to the young guys.  Glad we have him for at least another year - simply put, he makes the team better in so many ways.

Glad you'll be around for at least another season too, Pops, congrats! B)

Yep my bad that 3.25 was for 2017 so Newman was just 39 then... 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649005-terence-newman-agrees-to-contract-to-re-sign-with-vikings

that’ll teach me to look stuff up late after getting off the road... no, it will not.    

Oh, for f***'s sake...

JA set team records for sacks.  AD set records for yards/production.  BRob has been a helluva great player on and off the field but it's not going to help his case to compare him to guys with record-setting tangibles.

As for Kirk...well, gosh, he's been one of the NFL's most productive QBs for 3 straight seasons...which is kinda how JA got hired, come to think of it; JA was a sack monster.

Again, I'd be fuggin' CHUFFED if BRob gets some production escalator and makes a mint this season, then comes back as a defensive line coach and stays with the team for decades.

All that said, if he didn't want to be on the team, he wouldn't be.  We (think we) know him, we love him...so give him the credit of making decisions like a grown-up.

If I could do something other than being a fan, I would.  I am a fan of the team and Brian has been a bright spot in some dreary times throughout  his career.  He and Pops have been very open to us fans and shared some great insights of what it is to be an athlete performing at the highest level in his sport, on and off the field.  I'll cheer for him till his career is done, then purchase a 96 jersey( I have a proven track record as a jinx, ask smoot, rudd, jackson, culpepper et al.)

Quote: @96POPS said:
That was last year. 
So his deals not guaranteed this year, after the restructure?

Nope.