Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Alexander and Treadwell....
How much better can this team be if these guys become good players?  Both these guys are on positions where the spot-light shines brightly.

Very good, especially if Alexander steps up. That will allow Zimmer to release the hounds and not have a weak spot that can be exploited against slot WRs. Treadwell? I'll take any input from this guy the team can get....he's got a ton to prove.

I think they both come off their respective red shirt seasons and contribute...Really pumped to see what Alexander can do...He's probably set to track along the same lines as Waynes did Year 2...also like Waynes, he'll have Newman as a safety net...

Treadwell should be able to lock down the #3 WR slot...his ability to block won't hurt him...So far he's looked like a different guy...should be 4th or 5th on the team in receptions...

I am very interested in seeing how they play this year. Zimmer's D and what he demands from his players on being in the right spot all the time and not freelancing is crucial, and I think it takes DB's at least one - maybe two - full seasons to grasp/buy in to what he is teaching, why he wants them do it his way. Deon Sanders was/is a HUGE believer in the Zimmer D philosophy for DB's. Says a lot coming from the best ever at his position (IMO).

Tread needs to believe in himself and run crisp precise routes. Stop thinking and just do it. Let your natural abilities shine through. I think he had a hard time digesting the play book / understanding the route tree and his correct spots to be on the field / Dealing with his old injury. All these things derailed him last year. His head was spinning.

Trust in Zimmer's coaching and they can be very good players. They have the physical tools. 

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
I am very interested in seeing how they play this year. Zimmer's D and what he demands from his players on being in the right spot all the time and not freelancing is crucial, and I think it takes DB's at least one - maybe two - full seasons to grasp/buy in to what he is teaching, why he wants them do it his way. Deon Sanders was/is a HUGE believer in the Zimmer D philosophy for DB's. Says a lot coming from the best ever at his position (IMO).

Tread needs to believe in himself and run crisp precise routes. Stop thinking and just do it. Let your natural abilities shine through. I think he had a hard time digesting the play book / understanding the route tree and his correct spots to be on the field / Dealing with his old injury. All these things derailed him last year. His head was spinning.

Trust in Zimmer's coaching and they can be very good players. They have the physical tools. 
in essence it was a rookie playing like a rookie.  it had to really screw him up going from Bridgewater and Turner to Bradford and Shurmur on top of the jump from college to the pros and to overcome the lingering effects of his injured leg.

I'm really looking forward to see how Treadwell does if he stays healthy.  Injuries really set him back big-time last year.  As far as Alexander, I'm pretty concerned about the slot.  I really think they're gonna miss Captain, I hope he proves me wrong.

Treadwell can improve the team a bunch if he succeeds.  Alexander won't likely make much difference as a dime back.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
Treadwell can improve the team a bunch if he succeeds.  Alexander won't likely make much difference as a dime back.
I don't think they have designs for him being a dime back...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"medaille" said:
I don't think they have designs for him being a dime back...
Pretry sure that's not the plan at all.  He's the nickel guy or bust.