Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keith Millard helped mold draftee Ade Aruna
When the Vikings selected defensive end Ade Aruna in the sixth round of the NFL draft last week, Keith Millard was elated.
Millard, a two-time all-pro defensive tackle for the Vikings from 1985-90, worked Aruna out for three weeks in January to help prepare him for the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and NFL scouting combine.
The 6-foot-6, 265-pound Tulane product on Thursday signed a four-year, $2.578 million contract with a $118,408 signing bonus and will take the field for the first time for the Vikings on Friday, the first day of a three-day rookie minicamp.
“They’re going to love him,” said Millard, whose 18 sacks in 1989 rank as the third-most for the Vikings in a season. “He’s got work to do and he’s green, but he’s athletic and he’s definitely going to be one of those guys who does anything you ask and puts the work in. I told Ade, ‘You’re going to love that defense.’ It’s the perfect situation for him to work with (defensive line coach) Andre Patterson.”
Aruna, a native of Nigeria, came to the United States in 2010 to play basketball; he didn’t play football until his senior year of high school. He had 11 sacks in his final three seasons at Tulane.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/03/ex...ade-aruna/

Man he looks familiar...

[Image: chqamg8ec4ls.jpeg]
 :p 

Seriously though, he has some amazing skills...

Aruna showed off his athleticism at the combine alongside some of the best prospects in the country. He had the top vertical jump (38.5 inches) and best broad jump (10 feet, 8 inches) among defensive linemen, and also recorded the second-best 40-yard dash with a time of 4.60 seconds.

If this guy is a quick learner like Danielle Hunter...  WATCH OUT.

Loved Millard - a Northern Cal Guy!! I think he lives about 30 minutes from me. When he was coaching for the Raiders, I found out he would occasionally be out at a bar in Lafayette I would go to once in awhile - that he was totally approachable and very nice guy if your were lucky to sit by him at the bar and have drink with him. I was bummed that I found out that information AFTER he left the Raiders!! would have loved to sit and chat while watching some sports on the Bars TV. Damn, missed opportunity!

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
Loved Millard - a Northern Cal Guy!! I think he lives about 30 minutes from me. When he was coaching for the Raiders, I found out he would occasionally be out at a bar in Lafayette I would go to once in awhile - that he was totally approachable and very nice guy if your were lucky to sit by him at the bar and have drink with him. I was bummed that I found out that information AFTER he left the Raiders!! would have loved to sit and chat while watching some sports on the Bars TV. Damn, missed opportunity!
Ive heard the same about Bud.  He used to come out here hunting all the time and was just one of the guys at the bar... unless somebody would bring up the Vikes... then he would get up and walk away.   He was out here to get away from himself and his everyday life.