Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Berger
Anyone else thinking we should pick up the phone and have a conversation with Joe Berger ?  I think it's worth a shot.  

No.  He struggled quit a bit last year.  He battled pretty hard,  but it's time to move on.

It's clear they have made the decision to work with what they have. We have to watch the young guys work. 

We have Tom Compton, a vet G who can play T. 

i think people forget how many OL players we have, we only lost Berger and Sirles. 

We replaced them with Compton and Andrews. Throw in youngsters in Isodora (whom they are high on) and Collins, they have a young crew to develop plus the rookies drafted. 

I want to see what Andrews gives us.

He is done. 

The O line was pretty good last year, a major improvement over the year before. i think it will be better this year. No need to reach out to retired players or street FAs. That was 2 years ago. We've moved on from that.

Quote: @Skodin said:

i think people forget how many OL players we have, we only lost Berger and Sirles. 

We replaced them with Compton and Andrews. Throw in youngsters in Isodora (whom they are high on) and Collins, they have a young crew to develop plus the rookies drafted. 
Last season Remmers had an average year at RT. Why is he done playing tackle?
And why wouldn't Compton compete for the guard spot.

Also with drafting O'Neil I wonder where does that leave Avanti Collins. Last year they was talking about him stepping up this season.

Quote: @Norse said:
@Skodin said:

Last season Remmers had an average year at RT. Why is he done playing tackle?
And why wouldn't Compton compete for the guard spot.

Also with drafting O'Neil I wonder where does that leave Avanti Collins. Last year they was talking about him stepping up this season.
Collins and hill compete for RT,  O'Neil backs up Reiff at LT.  Compton Isidora Easton and Remmers compete for the OG spots.   Also we got that Philly guy before FA started to compete for center or guard.  We aren't stacked at OL,  but I don't think we went backwards,  maybe even inched forward depending on the RT and OG battles.

Compton should equal the loss of Sirles  (yes...my guy jereniah)  and O'Neil should equate the, loss of Berger as imo adding another young  OT should offset an aging interior guy.

Fingers crossed.