Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROFLMAO

Maybe, just maybe...but I doubt it.  The first one off the bench into the game.

Good,   I'm glad that he thinks that way,  if he thought he was shit it would make him even worse,   unless somebody beats him out next year the cap  situation suggests he is still on the team and if he shows up wanting to prove something maybe we get a better result that will net him a better 2nd contract somewhere and we can get a compensatory pick put of him or trade him outright for some thing of value.

I know most will just mock him,  but would they honestly prefer he says he sucks and isn't worth the roster spot?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Good,   I'm glad that he thinks that way,  if he thought he was shit it would make him even worse,   unless somebody beats him out next year the cap  situation suggests he is still on the team and if he shows up wanting to prove something maybe we get a better result that will net him a better 2nd contract somewhere and we can get a compensatory pick put of him or trade him outright for some thing of value.

I know most will just mock him,  but would they honestly prefer he says he sucks and isn't worth the roster spot?
Hope in one hand, shit in the other and you know what fills up faster. The only reason this flop is still considered for the roster is the dead money against the cap. 

I would rather him say "Hey I did not have the year I expected or the team expected of me.  I'm going to work hard on
KEEPING MY EYE ON THE BALL, this offseason".

More from my talk with #Vikings
Laquon Treadwell: “I know I’m a No. 1 receiver (on an NFL team). I just
know that I’m playing behind two great receivers (on the Vikings in
Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs).’’
The quote implies that he's thinking on an NFL team but HE doesn't acutally say that.  Maybe he means #1 when playing kids from the block football?  XFL?

Wow.  Just... wow.  I'm sure the kid is a hard worker; but he's just not good enough.  It happens.   Having delusions of grandeur may have worked great for Luke Skywalker... but it's not helping Treadwell.  It's not an insult to admit that you're not the greatest in the world.  In fact, it would probably help you become better than you already are.  Sad.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

Sure, we do want him to retain his confidence. But his remarks show very little humility, if any, and that grates. Take some ownership for his and the team's struggles. I don't think anyone would mind if he said, "I still believe in myself and my talent but I didn't achieve what I hoped this year so I just have to work even harder."
More importantly, "I'm stuck behind Thielen and Diggs" just sounds like whining. He's implying that he isn't given as many chances as he would on another team, even though general opinion is that he was given more chances than he deserves due to his draft position.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Sure, we do want him to retain his confidence. But his remarks show very little humility, if any, and that grates. Take some ownership for his and the team's struggles. I don't think anyone would mind if he said, "I still believe in myself and my talent but I didn't achieve what I hoped this year so I just have to work even harder."
More importantly, "I'm stuck behind Thielen and Diggs" just sounds like whining. He's implying that he isn't given as many chances as he would on another team, even though general opinion is that he was given more chances than he deserves due to his draft position.
Kind of agree here.  Often it is hard to really judge these comments without context and even in context when the questions are often awkward.  But with Treadwell, we have seen a pattern.  He struggled mightily in year 1 and Zimmer gave the insight that he was his own worst enemy, trying too hard.  This isn't the first time he seemed oblivious to his struggles.  So the pattern seems to show that he doesn't relate well, he isn't very self aware.
I support Vikings while they are Vikings.  I hope he figures it out and plays well for us next year because that would be the best for the team.  But hope if fading quickly even among the most optimistic.