Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ragnow's stock keeps rising
Over the past week I've seen more and more articles linking Ragnow to the Vikings at 30. The Vikings have spent
as much time with him in private workouts, combine interviews, dinners, etc. than any other prospect. As much as
the Vikings like him, I think Rick thought he would be available to them in the 2nd, especially if they trade out of
the 30th pick into the top half of the 2nd round. However, with the injuries to Price and Wynn, he seems to be
gaining steam and getting pushed up several team's draft boards. There isn't a bigger fan of his than Mayock. In
his latest mock, he has the Bengals selecting him at 21. He's the best natural center in the draft. He can play all
three positions.
 As a consolation, he has the Vikings taking Will Hernandez at 30. I would be beyond excited if
Hernandez fell that far in the first. I like Frank a lot. He's a hometown boy that the Gophers couldn't convince to
stay and he loves the Vikings, but I would put Hernandez and Williams ahead of him as guard prospects. 

I read Hernandez is not a good ZBS fit though.  Not sure if that's true but would be a concern potentially?

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
I read Hernandez is not a good ZBS fit though.  Not sure if that's true but would be a concern potentially?
There have been several draft experts that have voiced those concerns. Mayock's comment about him with our
pick at 30 supports what I have seen,  "his feet are better than people think". I have watched plenty of tape on him showing his ability in some of the ZBS that UTEP ran including pulling to the right side of the line. It may not be the best part of his game, but I think he has the quickness to function in any blocking scheme that DeFillipo wants to run. I wouldn't hesitate to take him at 30. You can teach the power and nastiness he possesses to win and battle every  play. We need that kind of attitude on the line. 

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
On the surface he appears to be an ill-fit. I even said so just looking at his profile. But after watching him play, I've changed my mind. Dude can flat move.