Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want A Circus In Your Town? It'll Cost Two 1s
Arguably, Cousins is not twice as good as Keenum, but he will be paid that way. Is that smart? That is, is Cousins worth twice as much as Keenum?  Well, if you are a really good team and believe you are really close to a SB, but you feel you need to be a little bit better, it might make sense. So you pay a fortune to get marginally better.

The Rams and Eagles are really good teams with QBs on rookie contracts. They may be able to afford to pay huge amounts to difference makers at other positions. If Suh and OBJ can get them to a SB, would it make sense to pay $14M and trade 2 firsts for OBJ? 

Would we trade two first round picks (late picks) for a good chance at a SB? We paid a first and a fourth for Bradford. 

I remember when people here or on PT were saying they would not want Tyrann Mathieu on the team for free. They would never draft him and would not invite him to a tryout. He was just a druggie who would infect the locker room.  Right. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
one could argue that not even Moss, CC, or Rice was worth that price tag... certainly not obj,  hell I am not thinking he is worth 1 -1st round pick.    he is more blow than show.
id take moss in his prime for 2 firsts and 20$m. OBJ cant hold moss’s jockstrap. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
Would we trade two first round picks (late picks) for a good chance at a SB? We paid a first and a fourth for Bradford. 
Poor analogy
We have starting WR’s 
& better ones at that

We already have “ a chance “ at SB too

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
one could argue that not even Moss, CC, or Rice was worth that price tag... certainly not obj,  hell I am not thinking he is worth 1 -1st round pick.    he is more blow than show.
id take moss in his prime for 2 firsts and 20$m. OBJ cant hold moss’s jockstrap. 
If I already had a franchise type QB that could capitalize on Moss yes,  but without the supporting cast even he is a difficult weapon to make justify that major price.  yes of course if all the pieces were in place and you just needed that guy to put you over the top,  but i dont think anybody outside of a QB would be worth giving up what could be 2 good starters on cheap deals for 4 years.... especially not obj.

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
@dadevike said:
Poor analogy
We have starting WR’s 
& better ones at that

We already have “ a chance “ at SB too

Poor comprehension.  We have Thielen and Diggs. We are not even arguably in the market for OBJ. The Rams are. That is what I was commenting on.

Obj  is no way worth that cost either draft wise or financially   He isn't mentally strong enough to bank on.

Odell Beckham - WR - GiantsAppearing on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, ESPN's Adam Schefter said he believes the Odell Beckham trade talk to be "very real, absolutely real."
Continuing, Schefter said his "personal guess" is Beckham gets traded based on information he's received and reading between the lines, with this month's draft being the "artificial deadline." Any team trading for Beckham is going to not only have to give up high-end draft picks, but they will also have to compensate Beckham on a long-term deal at what will likely be $17-19 million per year. The draft kicks off in 25 days, so buckle in for more of this story in the coming weeks.Source: Ross Tucker Football Podcast